Fzj80 - Four Wheeler Magazine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Check out the red FZJ80 in the August issue of four wheeler magazine "A well kept secret" Nice :bounce: to see a Land Cruiser in this mag.
It features a 4 inch slee (blue coil springs) lift with OME shocks. Are these for sale? and/or better alternative to the J spring w/ Mr gasket?

chat

edit: pardon me...didn't read it as a question.

They are not on his site...seems to me a 30 sec. phone call would work wonders.

Last edited:
TX_TLC said:

He's asking about the springs, I don't know if slee posts on the chat section.

Another sweet Cruiser done by Slee Offroad and the best Cruiser article in Four Wheeler in the last couple of years. How did they know I was going to drop my subscription because of a lack of Toyota coverage?

The Article ends up being pretty much a Slee Offroad ad since they made and installed most of the mods but the pictures looked great.

I talked to christo about these 4" springs on tuesday.... they are for fully loaded rigs (winch bumper, winch, rear bumper/tire carrier, extra fuel tank ect ect...) they have a stiffer spring rate to maintain the 4" lift with all that gear on a rig... his feelings seemed to be that in a light weight rig the ride would be way to stiff..... and the price seemed reasonable too....

but like was mentiond b4 a short phone call could to wonders!!!

dan

Ahhhhhh. It did have all that stuff on it. That makes sense (stiffer sprig rate) That rig had 35 inch MTR tires on it. sweet.

Also had a sweet Slee supercharger.... How much weight does that add ?

When I said that the article was basically a Sleeoffroad ad, I meant it as a compliment.

So did Slee do the gauge install on the a-pillar? I'd like to know more about that, looks super clean on the magazine pictures.

Those 2 gauges on the a-pillar were nice. Boost and temperature i think. Was the lift a 4 or 6 inch? cause in the captions it said 6 inch lift then on the paragraph describing the 4 inch springs. Then they typo'd 1FZ-FE to 1FZE.

Another typo was the rear axle ring gear diameter. They stated 8" not 9.25" or 9.5" (which ever it is?).

The whole lift + bumpers + sliders + supercharger + = LOTS OF $$$$$ ! lol

I was talking about the cost to Mr. Slee of his Ad uh, I mean article.

Sorry about the errors guys, I am a mini truck guy and sent it to Christo to proof before it was published but small errors sometimes find there way through. In the final read the information about the springs was a bit confusing, the rig had 6" lift springs but they were just swapped out for Slee's new 4" models.

As for being an ad for Slee Off Road, that was partially my intention without being overly obvious. They did not have to pay a cent, I think that Christo and Ben do great work and get tired of reading about Pro Comp and Off Road Unlimited and full size trucks every month. I did not think that you guys would mind some props for Slee and wagons.

I just got this issue and I am quite happy that the 80's series is finally getting some props. as a quality built and able trail vehicle--especially after Slee's folks have hit it.

I don't mind that the article is a Slee ad. Slee Off road does important work for the LC community, are supportive of it, and the information they provide here on the forums is priceless for newbies like myself.

Great article, great rig, and props. to Slee for expanding the 80's name.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

I think it is great that a mainstream mag is looking a little outside the box. The only problem I see is that when everyone knows that an 80 series can take you 1000 miles to the trailhead in comfort, wheel hard, and get you back home, without blinking an eye, they will become harder to find.
Cheers,
Sean

I thought it was great...the only reason I don't subscribe to any of the mainstream 4 wheel mags is because 90 percent of it is about Heeps and domestic trucks. I actually bought 2 copies of the mag one for my dad and one for myself. I just wish they had features about LR and TLC's and less MAIN stream trucks for often. And I don't mind a bit it being an ad for slee they make great products!!!

DirtyHarry said:
Sorry about the errors guys, I am a mini truck guy and sent it to Christo to proof before it was published but small errors sometimes find there way through. In the final read the information about the springs was a bit confusing, the rig had 6" lift springs but they were just swapped out for Slee's new 4" models.

As for being an ad for Slee Off Road, that was partially my intention without being overly obvious. They did not have to pay a cent, I think that Christo and Ben do great work and get tired of reading about Pro Comp and Off Road Unlimited and full size trucks every month. I did not think that you guys would mind some props for Slee and wagons.

Do you work for the magazine? The May issue stated that the upcoming june issue would show "luxo lifting the toyota 80 series" I waited in the newstand May 31 for that issue only to be disappointed that the article was not there. I,ve even e-mailed the editor with no response. Oh well. I want more 80 exposure! LOL. :bounce:

I do not work for the magazine, I just do freelance work as a hobby. This allows me to cover the the subjects that I like (such as Cruise Moab, and Jack Rice's FJ-45 Medusa) and if the magazines decide to publish what I write, great. If not it is no big deal to me, I am still doing what I enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom