FZJ80 96 Leaking Water (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is my old thread from where I was having draining problems. About half way down the first page someone recommended the drains through the floor method. If you search for zip tie method you'll find the thread about cleaning out the pinch welds in the frame.

Last edited:
I lied, I do have a photo of the screw location, but not the installed tubing. My weldnut in the rear position broke free from the body panel, due to rust, from water sitting in the pocket which never drains out, not matter how clean your drains are, so that made the choice for me a little easier.

20171029_123439.jpg

Mine is still an issue !! Sunroof Drains cleared , New Windshield installed and still getting water running down the passenger " A " piller footwell area?

See picture above...

A lot of people have had new windshields installed incorrectly. Did they use the sealant in addition to the gasket?

I lied, I do have a photo of the screw location, but not the installed tubing. My weldnut in the rear position broke free from the body panel, due to rust, from water sitting in the pocket which never drains out, not matter how clean your drains are, so that made the choice for me a little easier.

View attachment 3308150
Thanks for this picture any more you can turn up in the next few days would be great !! I have a 1997 LX450 so the headliner should be better than the early ones.

The Factory rear hoses are discontinued both here in the US and at the usual sources over seas so is whats there usable or do I have to find hose that will work in a longer length ?

Can't say thanks enough !! I think you are spot on with my problem !!!

Thanks for this picture any more you can turn up in the next few days would be great !! I have a 1997 LX450 so the headliner should be better than the early ones.

The Factory rear hoses are discontinued both here in the US and at the usual sources over seas so is whats there usable or do I have to find hose that will work in a longer length ?

Can't say thanks enough !! I think you are spot on with my problem !!!
The Land Cruiser drains all use the same size drain tubing. The LX470/Land Cruiser 100 series drain tubing are still available and not expensive:
1682551356350.png

The 80 series front drains (63238-60010) are 1640-mm long, compared to the 100 series 1840-mm long rear drains, so they will work as well. The extra 8 inches will extend well past the floor panel and you can trim the excess as you see fit.

The 120 series/GX 470/460 and 200 series/LX570 should also work; I haven't checked the lengths.

Just took a few minutes to drag the hoses out and shove them through the floor body plug I feel the hoses could be a little longer so I might order some new hose ( Thanks for the heads up on the drain hoses being all the same size diameter wise ) the drivers side hose is the shortest because of all the extra wires!!

I guess my plan is to drop the headliner at the front and get a good look at what’s going on there and evaluate at that point. I do plan on doing the bicycle innertube fix for my sunroof gasket just to help keep as much water as possible out of the sunroof channel..

Some pic’s of tonight’s work..
IMG_8904.jpeg

IMG_8905.jpeg

IMG_8906.jpeg

IMG_8907.jpeg

IMG_8908.jpeg

Fluid Film!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom