Build - ‘96 FZJ80 “Bullwinkle” (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Next I throw in the front springs and shocks. IMS and C59-612V. And yes, gators go on because gators bitches better be using jimmie’s.

IMG_3662.jpeg

I’ve been dabbling some time with the idea of polishing the stock wheels or going for that bronze on black heritage edition look. After spending months trying to track down the right color bronze (believe me I went through a few) I end up going with a Volvo paint code that was posted by another mudder. I have the wheels blasted and then lay down an epoxy primer to help seal out any oxidation. Then I lay down some color. It’s not my ideal tone and it’s got a bit more flake than I was going for but it’s the best of the options I’ve been able to put together. Most of the other bronze’s are actually just gold. The I lay down a satin 2k clear coat. I get new caps and paint them too with an old school black center and sweet Toyota emblem I got off of some guy on Etsy.
I’m liking the look.

IMG_3599.jpeg

IMG_3606.jpeg

IMG_3673.jpeg

With the wheels done, I get them on the truck and pull the jacks. Now that it’s under its own weight, I install the sway bars and torque down every single bolt in accordance with the FSM specifications.

I bolt on the LSPV bracket and set the height for braking. Then I attach the greatest invention of all time, the Speedi Bleed and proceed to bleed the brakes starting with the passenger rear.

IMG_3666.jpeg

IMG_3698.jpeg

IMG_3670.jpeg

IMG_3671.jpeg

IMG_3672.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom