Fun new challenges with the rusty old 2000 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Gang,

Hoping someone might be able to help me overcome some challenges I have recently experienced with my 2000 LC. 2 weeks ago, I started to get water coming in on the driver's side. Big wet puddle on the left part of the floorboard. No big deal, I figure I need to replace some seals around the door, right? (I actually didn't get around to that)

This weekend I go out of town for the long weekend. My neighbor calls me and tells me that somehow the brake lights or the indicators are on (from the photo she sent, it appears that the front indicators are just lit up). This was pretty weird. I didn't leave anything on (I don't think).

We get home from our trip and of course the battery is dead. No problem, I jump it. It rained a lot in BR while we were gone, and now both the drivers side and the passengers side have wet floorboards. In addition to this, the passenger seat is really wet. I don't see any evidence of the leak coming from the sunroof, but I could be wrong.

Anyone have any insights on what in the wide world of sports is going on here?

Also the hood won't close now. I have always had to slam it, but that ain't working.

Cheers!

Louisiana - That’s your problem.😂

Clean out sunroof drains, water is probably making its way down to fuse box in driver footwell. Maybe the cable for the hood release is rusting from water down there, see if the cable is returning or if it's stuck In the pulled position.

Clean out sunroof drains, water is probably making its way down to fuse box in driver footwell. Maybe the cable for the hood release is rusting from water down there, see if the cable is returning or if it's stuck In the pulled position.

Thanks, I will try this over the weekend.

You damn right.
I lived in Lafayette for a few years. I never could figure out if my sunroof was leaking or it was just the damn air sweating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom