Full exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@COYS An idea regarding the hanger pictured above, that's under some tension and leaning to one side. There may be enough slack/slop in the holes that the mounting bolts on each end of the rubber isolator pass through for you to loosen the nuts a turn or two and see if it settles in with a little less binding. I don't recall if there was much or any slack in these from when I replaced all of the rubber on my stock exhaust system but it's possible.

It's also possible that there is adjustment/slack in a different one of these hangers, or other joints, etc. and that when the system was installed the isolator under tension (in photo) was tightened down early in the assembly process and then when other items were tightened they shifted things around causing the tension you see. I'd think you'd want to loosely install the entire new exhaust / hardware / etc. then massage it's alignment and tighten things down in a way that minimizes side-loads on the hangers etc. A mech working on someone elses rig may have been in more of a hurry and put less effort into dialing in the alignment, etc. or the tension could be inevitable and just the result of how it all fit together.

I doubt that I'd break any seals joints in the exhaust but I may tinker with loosening the hangers/isolators a bit and seeing if things relaxed a little. If you break any sealed joints to try to relax the hanger tension you'll probably want to install new seals even though the system is so new, etc.

Not sure it's worth doing anything just thought I'd share ideas on your question in case it's bugging you. I also vicariously enjoy the level of detail you take things too as I can't justify it with my rig but would love to be able to do the same :)

I very much appreciate your thoughtful response.

What’s interesting is my og rubber looks like it’s leaning in the same direction as the new one.

48802C74-A60E-48AA-B6C9-3A814485231B.png

@COYS or anyone else. I was putting an order together, and I ran into a somewhat typical scenario where I have a part number, and I get a "does not fit" message regardless or model year. I,e; pre-95 or 95-up. part in question is 17581-70080 (damper, exhaust pipe) Is this one of those parts that fits for us, but is an interchange from another model?

@COYS or anyone else. I was putting an order together, and I ran into a somewhat typical scenario where I have a part number, and I get a "does not fit" message regardless or model year. I,e; pre-95 or 95-up. part in question is 17581-70080 (damper, exhaust pipe) Is this one of those parts that fits for us, but is an interchange from another model?

Check out my exhaust parts list. That’s the damper I bought and it fit my 97.

Where you able to find a new heat shields for the exhaust manifolds? I've been looking for those to no avail.

Where you able to find a new heat shields for the exhaust manifolds? I've been looking for those to no avail.
Look at partsouq. I bought a set not too long ago for my 1FZ-FE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom