Fuel tank plumbing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished a 350 conversion and I have a couple of questions. Is it necessary to keep the vapor collector (located behind the passenger seat) in my rig? And do I need to hook up the return line? if so, which tube fitting is it? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

getting ready to plumb up my sbc conversion and was wondering the same thing. i believe the vapor collector can go, but planned on posting to be sure. whats the word guys?

Well folks I plugged it and my cruiser is running fine. Be advised this is not a technical recommendation but an experience that so far has worked. :D I will look forward to "real" advise from the "all knowing" FJ40 masters who frequent this forum. :p

Great, when are those guys supposed to get here :D

plug them all, LOL

no i suggest hooking up the fuel return and fuel feed from the tank to engine compartment. There you can plug the fuel return if not needed, but with any other setup you might need the return, i just switched to a different fuel pump and i need the fuel return now :D . fuel collector crap i would just cap off all of them and make sure that your vent to the outside through the cap is good.

as far as which fitting is fuel and which is fuel return, stick some fuel in the can blow down both lines the one that blows bubbles is fuel one that just makes airy sounds is return, :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom