Fuel tank pickup coating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Just in the final stages of fitting a Prado sub tank to an 80 series landcruiser (diesel). I have modified the fuel pickup which involved chemically cleaning and welding. Now it was originally zinc coated (the inside and outside part)...

now I can send the part off to get coated in zinc again, but I could Powdercoat just the outside facing part myself which is easier and cheaper. However that means the inside section would remain bare metal... now I figure it’ll be covered in diesel so shouldn’t need any sort of coating, but after some second opinions.

Do Toyota put any coating on the inside of their fuel tanks? This tank looks so pristine it appears to be some sort of paint?
A416E3FA-A899-48C2-905B-E92A31EFFBB8.jpeg

9F472239-09DB-467E-AEDE-F05CE162B1C0.jpeg

Cheers

Hi all,

Just in the final stages of fitting a Prado sub tank to an 80 series landcruiser (diesel). I have modified the fuel pickup which involved chemically cleaning and welding. Now it was originally zinc coated (the inside and outside part)...

now I can send the part off to get coated in zinc again, but I could Powdercoat just the outside facing part myself which is easier and cheaper. However that means the inside section would remain bare metal... now I figure it’ll be covered in diesel so shouldn’t need any sort of coating, but after some second opinions.

Do Toyota put any coating on the inside of their fuel tanks? This tank looks so pristine it appears to be some sort of paint?
View attachment 2727474

View attachment 2727477
Cheers
May i ask ( as i am doing the same to my 80 ), did you have to extended the tank securing straps to fit around the prado sub tank, or did your old 80 ones fit?
Also, is the prado gauge resistance the same value as the 80 sub tank level gauge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom