Fuel pump 1HZ - 1HDT Compensator replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

I'm working on a new project that is install a turbo on my 2001 1hz 79 series. I have couple concerns and I'm wondering if I can have some of you guidelines here.

I'm trying to do this as factory as I can, for that reason I'm installing a ct26 turbo and a new fuel compensator in the injection pump and there is where my questions start.

Questions:

1- After I took off the old compensator out I realize the new one has an extra hole for something I have no idea what it is for.
After checking FSM I found what is possibly the part I'm missing. (dash pot)
Is this something I necessarily need? or I can block that exit with a bolt and nothing happen?

20210612_150022.jpg

IMG-20210612-WA0007.jpeg

My second question is about the throttle.

how I now that I'm installing this properly without ****ing anything up?

I realize after I took the compensator out that it has couple spring in different positions, so wondering if that the way they go and what it would be the easiest way to install everything back?

IMG-20210612-WA0001.jpeg
20210612_145904.jpg

Thank you for all the help.

Fernando, looks like you had the altitude compensator on your 1HZ. I'm surprised that the throttle shaft is short on the new compensator.

Hi Fernando, any update with this? What did you end up doing? How is the turbo build going?

I am going to be doing the same thing with my 1hz (hzj75) and am wondering what snags you came across and what you did to rectify any challenges.
Did you end up adapting off your existing exhaust manifold or did you get a turbo one?

Cheers

Hi Fernando, any update with this? What did you end up doing? How is the turbo build going?

I am going to be doing the same thing with my 1hz (hzj75) and am wondering what snags you came across and what you did to rectify any challenges.
Did you end up adapting off your existing exhaust manifold or did you get a turbo one?

Cheers

Ended up pretty well, the whole project was a really good learning process for me.

the solution for the altitude compensator was to used all the new parts from the new compensator and rebuild it with the old compensator shell, using the same gas shaft/lever with new seals and o-rings.

You can always find a 1HDT exhaust manifold and install it with the new turbo but in my case I bought a new aftermarket exhaust manifold to simplify my search because I didn't want to spend long time looking for a used one without knowing the conditions..

Since my car was built for the northern European countries I had to replaced the radiator, thermostat and fancluth to help with the temperature issues on hot days (a bigger air box plus intercooler will change the whole game because will keep your temperature always on a good spot, peace of mind)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom