fuel consumption.. i tried my best.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
guys.. recently i did a small test and found that no matter how hard i push (urban cycle), my worst of all worst fuel consumption is not worst than 20mpg (i.e. 11.7 liter/100km).. and i am using 285/50V20'.. isn't using bigger rims will increase fuel consumption and rob away power? mine truck is the 4.5L twin turbo diesel version. what about you guys? chime in ya.. cheers! - jennifer.:D

guys.. recently i did a small test and found that no matter how hard i push (urban cycle), my worst of all worst fuel consumption is not worst than 20mpg (i.e. 11.7 liter/100km).. and i am using 285/50V20'.. isn't using bigger rims will increase fuel consumption and rob away power? mine truck is the 4.5L twin turbo diesel version. what about you guys? chime in ya.. cheers! - jennifer.:D

Nothing to say other than it sucks not being able to get a 200 with a diesel in the states.

I have the 5.7L (but in my Tundra) and the worst I've gotten is 8.7 mpg on an extended trip....that hurt the wallet a little.

200 series 5.7...best I get is 8.7 mpg. You don't want to know the worst.

200 series 5.7...best I get is 8.7 mpg. You don't want to know the worst.

chimyz you are kidding right? 8.7mpg at best?! that is almost 27Liter/100km!:eek:
thanks god i didn't end up with the lexus LX570. i wanted a silver color LX570 but my dealer don't have in stock but managed to find me a diesel toyota LC200 instead so i took it cos during that time i desperately need a 4x4 and plus it was a lot cheaper than the lexus. i got no regrets. i love my LC200. worth every penny. one of the best 4x4 money can buy.

Last edited:
The LX570 shares the 5.7L petrol engine with the LC200. From my experience with the LX, I usually get about 17 mpg or around 11 mpg when I'm really pushing her, so an unmodded LC200 would get pretty much the same. Once you start modding the car though, those numbers really go out the window and you'll wind up with chimyz's 8.7 mpg.

No joke...I usually get over 8 miles per gallon. Sucks.

With all my mods I get about 13 average in the city and 15 on the highway doing 80+ average. If I'm on a slower highway I can get about 17.

My "environmentally friendly" vehicle now is my gf's 2010 4Runner Limited :) She averages about 18 in the city and 24 on the highway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom