FS: Sage 97 40th, Locked & Stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 Sage 40th #853

I've been hot and cold with this...but I decided to go ahead and sell. I had big plans for this rig, but I don't have the time to do anything.

The story:
I found it at a Chevy dealership here in San Antonio. It had 210K on it and the first time we looked at it we wanted something with less mileage. But then we drove it. It felt better than my '05 Z71 did at 28K! We're the second owners. It was female owned and her husband owned a local chain of automotive repair shops (Baumann). It was obviously a highway cruiser/grocery getter. The interior is damn-near flawless, does't even look like the back seats were even sat in!

We haven't done anything but change the oil and keep it clean. I wanted to go crazy with it, but life gets in the way. I really hate to sell this Cruiser.

It does have a key scratch down the driver's side. I keep meaning to get a quote on it, but haven't. We bought it like that. It's pretty long, running from the front door to the gas cap. Some sick people out there. Has a weird dent directly above the exhaust pipe on the bumper. The way it looks, I actually thought it supposed to be there. I didn't sweat it because I had planned on replacing the bumper with something from Slee anyway.

I had it out once, third day I had it with some of the Cruiser guys here in SA. Took it about half way up a hill off of Kyle Seal (about 75ft) and after spinning a bit, the wife said no more until it get’s lifted and outfitted. If I had to guess, I’d say that’s the only offroad it’s ever seen except for the gravel lot where I tested out the lockers, which work perfectly by the way.

I have a ton of pictures if interested. Current mileage is 214K. I'm working on getting all the maintenance history from Baumann. It runs solid, no drips in the driveway. It’s throwing a code on the CEL, I have it at home and I’ll post later, it’s an emission code if I remember. I’ll post what the technician said on the diagnostic sheet.

Not looking to make money on this one, just need it out of the garage. $8950.00 takes her home. You won’t be disappointed.

I’ll e-mail pics to interested parties.

- Ian (210) 383-9339

ianewk33@yahoo.com or ian.newcomb@randolph.af.mil
Cruiser.JPG
Cruiser 2.JPG
Cruiser 3.JPG

Last edited:
Good looking rig, this won't last long at this price!
Go get it fella's!
:cheers:

No, but I appreciate the offer.

Good luck with the sale. Ol' Clifford looks like a helluva rig!

Got your e-mail...I'll send you some pics.

I forgot to mention that it has what looks like a BB gun hole in the driver's side headlight. The light still works fine, but it does get some condensation when it rains. So basically I'll take the price off the top for someone to get a new headlight assembly ($125.00).

So new price is $8,825.00

Sale Pending.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom