Front suspension ideas, shocks, control arms. TRQ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a " new" gx470 with 295,000 miles. Pretty clean on the outside. Just had timing belt /water pump/alternator/ belts/hoses/ etc done( guy charged $550 labor which I thought was pretty good). Engine sounds like a sewing machine now. I thought my rear air suspension was shot, but I just didn't wait long enough to raise the height. I know it needs shocks all around. I just ordered 265/70/17 kenda klever at2( actually in but I'm repainting wheels today) . Clunking in front hitting bumps, mostly driver side. Steering is tight , but it feels like it could almost start shaking on the interstate. I was going to shotgun the front end with upper and lower control arms and shocks and tie rod ends. Same guy that did the timing belt does that work, so probably going back. I plan to go off road some, but mainly highway . Never more than 33 inch tires in my future, and I can just let the Kendas go back. Anyone here used TRQ suspension parts? I went Aisin/Gates/Denso on the engine, but I'm trying to go a little cheap on the suspension. I don't want unsafe though.

Thanks Tom

Medium titanium metallic bumper color ( left over from my sons aftermarket gti rims). I had a can of self etching primer left over too, so no additional cost. Went on unintended mud run in my pasture. Paint won’t last long, but from what I’ve read none of it does

EF36652F-2709-4E0B-8512-A6DB07DC48BA.jpeg

4A626E55-66D1-4F7F-AD1C-64C986E7C5BA.jpeg

I have not used TRQ before, but I have used Moog LCAs, tie rod ends, and sway bar end links, which are reasonably priced on Rock Auto. The LCAs have been fine for going on 18 months, and were identical to the OEM LCAs. However, being that I plan to keep my GX for a very long time, I wish I would have just spent the extra $300 and purchased OEM Toyota LCAs to avoid having to worry about it for another 16 years.

The Moog tie rod ends and sway bar end links suck. All of the boots rip very, very easy. They are physically beefy, but won't last that long due to the gunk that will get in them. I'll eventually replace all of those parts with 555's from Napa, which are at least Japanese made.

I have not used TRQ before, but I have used Moog LCAs, tie rod ends, and sway bar end links, which are reasonably priced on Rock Auto. The LCAs have been fine for going on 18 months, and were identical to the OEM LCAs. However, being that I plan to keep my GX for a very long time, I wish I would have just spent the extra $300 and purchased OEM Toyota LCAs to avoid having to worry about it for another 16 years.

The Moog tie rod ends and sway bar end links suck. All of the boots rip very, very easy. They are physically beefy, but won't last that long due to the gunk that will get in them. I'll eventually replace all of those parts with 555's from Napa, which are at least Japanese made.
Hey, thanks for the advice again. Disappointed to hear that about the moog parts. I always considered those top shelf. It’s sad to say, but I like made in Japan parts better than most made in USA parts recently

If your stock oem LCAs are in good shape, you can pop out the rubber bushings and ball joint. Some people refresh that instead of getting new ones.

Tie rods get the 555 ones.

Sway bar end links there’s beefy aftermarket ones from OCD if you gonna offroad.

A few others like dobinson also sell sway bar end links www.exitoffroad.com for good selection of gx470 parts is just one of several vendors for gx470

Awesome, I think my mechanic is old school. I’ll check with him
I bought the the trq set from 1a auto. Inner and outer tie rod ends, sway bar end links and upper and lower control arms. All control arms say “ made in Taiwan “. At least outer tie rod ends say “ made in China “. Machining looks good, everything is tight. Going to try on mine, since it’s a secondary vehicle. Rebuild old ones and send to my son for his v8 4Runner

I bought the the trq set from 1a auto. Inner and outer tie rod ends, sway bar end links and upper and lower control arms. All control arms say “ made in Taiwan “. At least outer tie rod ends say “ made in China “. Machining looks good, everything is tight. Going to try on mine, since it’s a secondary vehicle. Rebuild old ones and send to my son for his v8 4Runner
Probably just do upper and lower control arms, steering is tight and i can at least change out sway bar links and external tie rod ends

IMG-2534.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom