For Sale Front SOA Axle - 1978 with goodies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1978 FJ40 front axle: This is the SOA I have under my diesel 40. I'm building a custom FJ60 front axle to replace it. It's a 1978 disc brake axle. The brakes are fairly new with marginal wear, I haven't driven it much since my 40 restoration. Housing is a cut and turned housing, I do not recall what degrees the knuckle balls were rotated.

4x4 Labs "Frombe" high steer kit. Kit is for the 1978 small knuckle arm stud knuckles. Knuckle balls are clearanced for larger "mini truck" birfields. The short side is Longfield 30 spline inner shaft and birfield. Long side is Longfield's heat treated series "stock mini truck" birfield but it is not covered under warranty because the birfield was ground on to give extra clearance within the knuckle ball (previous owner did that). Long side inner axle shaft is a Longfield shaft.

Fine spline front pinion with lock-rite locker. Locker was bought new a few years ago and has less than 10 wheeling trips on it.

Axle is currently under my truck waiting on a buyer. Asking $1000 OBO. Make me an offer! I'll even throw in the used gear oil for FREE!!! Haha

Axle located in Gastonia NC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom