Front seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m in Anchorage AK. Where can I find Front Seats for my 85 60 series?

Used OEM?
Keep an eye on the classifieds section here on mud.
Bottom foam can still be purchased from SOR if rebuilding your seat

Aftermarket upgrades?
- BMW 3 series seats sourced from a junkyard/craigslist/parts seller with Torfab brackets
- Corbeau Seats/Brackets
- Procar Elites (bolt up to stock rails, probably the most cost-effective option here if bmw seats are hard to find)
- Scheel-mann seats with planted brackets (the ultimate...but with an ultimate price point)

Budget?
-Junkyard PT cruiser seats
-5 gallon bucket or lawn chair

Recaro LS or Recaro LX. Thinking about selling my Scheel manns if the right set comes up

Last edited:
I went with the Procar Elites in gray cloth. They bolt right up the stock FJ60 seat runners. They are so much better than my old tired stock seats.

20210917_124946.jpg

Used OEM?
Keep an eye on the classifieds section here on mud.
Bottom foam can still be purchased from SOR if rebuilding your seat

Aftermarket upgrades?
- BMW 3 series seats sourced from a junkyard/craigslist/parts seller with Torfab brackets
- Corbeau Seats/Brackets
- Procar Elites (bolt up to stock rails, probably the most cost-effective option here if bmw seats are hard to find)
- Scheel-mann seats with planted brackets (the ultimate...but with an ultimate price point)

Budget?
-Junkyard PT cruiser seats
-5 gallon bucket or lawn chair
Thank! I’ll start with trying to find the BMW seats . Cheers!

I installed PT Cruiser seats in mine. Easy install and very comfortable. I have the stock seats in large plastic bags in my shop.

im suprised to hear that! Any reason why?

i had an M3 with these same BMW seats before, so I’m thinking they will be enough for me

I Just think they match the overall look of the interior of the 60 better. IMO my scheel manns look nice but the Recaros with the mesh headrests look like they belong in there a little better. Theyre also not as deep. The Scheel manns are super deep in the lower back area so they make you have to sit close to the steering wheel if you want to fold your rear seats forward. Thats the thing no one tells you about the seats lol

Something like this would look really nice

59b9a11d84617e4b0c5f5bbd2de9bd4e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom