front door inserts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
not sure how many 70 series owners remember the old broncos and the Scouts that had the snap/bolt in door surounds for when the full doors were removed.
I love my 70 ragtop but there are times (like when i take a topless 40 for a boot) where i would love to get rid of the doors completely but a 70 with the doors off is ... well ... ugly to me. it looks like something is missing.
the other day i happen to be chatting with another about this and he reminded me of the inserts for the bronco and scout vehicles.
VernParker.com: Street Dreams - The Latest... - 1979 InternationalScout
i think i would try and make it more like the old 40 series opening.
anyway, good idea or bad?
cheers

If you could hide the ugly gap between the a pillar and fender with the doors of it would look okay, or cut 2/3rds of the door out leaving the hinges end and door latching locking end and weld a a flat plate between the iner and out door skin so no sharp edges.

my idea was to take a 70 series outter door skin, cut it to the design that looks smooth and then use that to make a fiberglass mold, take that new skin and wrap the ugly to the inside.
this would allow for a (semi) simple insert that 70/73/74/75 sereis owners can install.

might get the BC boys past the "no door" law.

Door inserts ! I would like ! Fiberglass would be nice!

Those and some good fender flares so I keep the mud balls from nailing me and the dash screen.

I thought I saw a Bronco with the inserts... then with soft half doors. That'd be cool. I like having a door on the way to the trail then removing for the trail itself.

anyone else?

also, i am trying to convince Mike to make up a set of factory like flares for the 70 series.
if anyone is interested in heavy duty flares then post it up.

cheers

I'd be very likely to be "in" for both

I would like both , flares and door inserts if the price is right ! (Im not that cheap)

Dead Serious !

so far that is only 3 of use, i need two more willing to invest in a set ...
then i will approach Mike to see how much it will cost to do the tooling and the first 5 sets...

If I had a 75 series or soft top 70 I'd look at some set up like this but not with a solid roof

i can picture this working on 70 soft top, 73, 75, 75 pickup and hardtop trucks that are wheeling rigs.
but maybe i am missing something that Clint can see in his minds eye. please do share your ideas.

i can picture this working on 70 soft top, 73, 75, 75 pickup and hardtop trucks that are wheeling rigs.
but maybe i am missing something that Clint can see in his minds eye. please do share your ideas.

No 74?
:confused::hmm:

If it won't be suitable for '87 74 frp my interest is diminished.

:lol:
note the 2 X 75 listed? one is supposed to be a 74.
these will fit any pre 2010 7* series vehicles ...

:lol:
note the 2 X 75 listed? one is supposed to be a 74.
these will fit any pre 2010 7* series vehicles ...

:Dcool! Was thinking that was the case...Just wanted to clarify in case other peeps were put off......

I guess it depends of the type of terrain you tackle, I'm mostly blasting around sand dunes , which doesbt need as much vision as say slow rock hopping were sticking your head out the side makes life easier.

for bush and rock and booting around town doorless i can see the application.
if you want your AC to keep you cool then these will be useless.
this was my 75 at Pismo a few years back ... i took the doors off for the weekend. a set of snap in panels probably would have been nice.
75 doorless 1.jpg
75 doorless 2.jpg
75 doorless 3.jpg

Cool pics, those rims have some serious dish, did you eat much sand with no doors

nah, the sand was not that loose.

i will probably take an old door and see what it would look like ... just for s***s and giggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom