Front axle spindle nuts.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I have taken off the hubs to find a huge spindle nut-what size is that nut? :dunno: I need to buy one!!! Thanks again for all of the help! :beer:

I've got mine apart now, would have to measure...but I purchased a tool about 10 years ago from SOR or someone for mine...almost looks like an exhaust pipe formed to fit with a backing on it for a 1/2" drive....

I can assume this tool is needed or can I just use a huge socket to get it off? Man, I have learned so much from trying to take these third members out! :dunno: :beer: Thanks, Mark.

huge socket works fine.....but it needs to be deep, and this tool might be cheaper than a $25 monster deepwell....

you can also do it gently with a chisel and hammer, but it's not the best way...

on my '75 (small spindle & bearings) it's 52ish mm and on my '80 it's 54mm
I just built myself an overkill dedicated socket :D

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I called Spector and ordered the tool! Thanks for all of the help!
Mark :beer: :beer:

MARKUS: on my fj40-1978 front hub spindle nuts are 54mm.
autozone and pepboys didn't have the socket, or wanted an arm and a leg for it. Built my own faster than they could get it. I think Man-a-fre has the tool for maybe $20.00????
Try SOR also.
willow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom