Ok so I got it. Cone washers. I didnt understand what that was until tapping on it with a hammer and one flew out and hit me in the n*ts then went right down the hole in the drain pan. So I got it down to the big 54mm nut. Picking up a 2 1/8 inch on tuesday from my dad. I think since I got it this far I might just do the whole axle rebuild.
X2 on the Mobil 1 grease, or any decent quality grease with a wheel bearing rating of "GC" (not hard to find). I usually use synthetics if I have a choice, but there are some great conventional choices out there too.
So I pulled the hub and rotor off today. And I'm missing something. I dont know how much this matters but according to the exploded view of the hub there is supposed to be a 43510D ring with a grove then 43521 54mm nut then 43523 star then another 43521 54mm nut. I dont have the 43510D ring. It wasnt installed. On top of that I dont know what the torq is supposed to be on those 54mm nuts. But I dont think that the weight of the breaker bar should spin them off, or am I wrong.
You are missing the thrush washer you need that
How do the bearings and spindle look
They should not be to hard to take off if that is what you are asking
I dont remember off hand the torque spec for them
I think that I tighten the inside nut to 10-15 ft lbs and the outer nut to 45 ft lbs IIRC
Someone will confirm
The bearings seemed to look fine no visual damage. They all spun none were missing. I tossed them. Since I have new ones I thought there is no way i took all this apart to put them back in. The 43510A seal I guess was really warped. I dont know if that is common.
According to the FSM there is supposed to be a outer race on each side of the hub. Those werent there either. It was the oil seal that was warped. The bolt that goes through the brake line into the caliper is suposed to have a gasket on each side of it. Not there. Either one.
The spindle looks to have some damage where the Race of the inner bearing rides on the shoulder. It looks like the bearing race was spinning on the spindle. I also looks like the grease has been pukeing out he wheel seal.
I would use some really fine wet/dry sandpaper and do it by hand. 400 grit or higher should be fine. Then maybe you could finish up with a scotch brite pad or something. The goal would be to avoid making any gouges in the ball.
So on Sunday I am going to be cleaning everything. I should get the rebuild kit maybe on Monday. Sunday I also plan on putting the new wheel bearing and putting the hub back on the new rotors. The thing that sucks about this whole thing is time. This whole process is like a 2 day job tops, but because I never have any time to work on it it will end up being a week and a half.