Front and Rear AXLE REBUILD? ENOUGH SPACE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of rebuilding my axles both front and rear, and saw all the great write up on this site on how to rebuild them.

My question is.....

I want to do the rebuild in my garage (gets pretty cold after work), but I live in a house that only has a 1 car garage (11 ft x 24 ft). I know for sure that the landcruiser fits in side, but only have about 2-3 feet space on each side. Will that be enough space to do the rebuild?

I couldn't tell in the front rebuild if the inner front axles needed to be removed. Yet pretty obvious that the rear inner axles would have to be removed. How long are they (hopefully less than 2 1/2 feet:rolleyes:)?

Would I be able to do the front inside the garage, and the rear outside? Or would I be able to do them both inside.

:cheers:

I think you might drive yourself nuts if you try to do them both inside. You need plenty of room to move around and also pull the axles out, manipulate them back in and such.

I would do both outside separately, just so you have more work area, and keep the other half of the truck inside and near light, tools, etc. I did it in my townhome parking area (my garage is full of crap) near my garage and it worked pretty well.

Does anyone know how long the axles are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom