Found Two Leak Locations on 1FZ-F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This one is on the Power Steering Pump.... didn’t see any from the fitting so not sure where this one is coming from.

W1qvrjf.jpg

O7kRBL3.jpg

This one from the front of the block.

uVUkidB.jpg

zknWRSM.jpg

Hard to tell from pics. Normally you wipe it down and check it regularly to see where it is coming from
But it looks like its coming from the front crank seal, not such a big job. I can see fresh oil behind the harmonic balancer. The fan is probably blowing it back onto the PS pump.
Your alternator and fan belts need replacing.

Hard to tell from pics. Normally you wipe it down and check it regularly to see where it is coming from
But it looks like its coming from the front crank seal, not such a big job. I can see fresh oil behind the harmonic balancer. The fan is probably blowing it back onto the PS pump.
Your alternator and fan belts need replacing.

Hello,

x2.

A seal kit and it is ready. And a good chance to replace power steering seals/gaskets as well.

Juan

It’s the oil pump cover gasket. Behind the crankshaft pulley.

Replace the front main seal at the same time.

You need:

90311-52022 x1
15188-66020 x1
15183-66020 x7

Clean PS pump housing well and smell the rag: is it hydraulic/ATF or does it smell like engine oil.

Taste it even, they taste different. That will tell you if you have a PS pump leak.

I ordered the above recommended Gasket and Seal kit....plus new belts.

As for the oil on the pump.....It’s red....so it’s definitely the power steering pump Leaking It’s not coming from the hose fitting so it must be leaking from the housing.....looks like the rear. I looked at the rear of my pump ( opposite pulley) and noticed a snap ring that looks to hold a cover. I’m guessing there is an o-ring / seal behind that plate that may be where the leak is coming from.

Which seals and gaskets for the PS Pump would you suggest.

Can the pump‘s internals be accessed from the rear and the front?

thanks again....slowly getting these gremlins beat.

A lot of this is pretty common 1FZ-FE stuff with a pretty exhaustive set of how-to and diagnostic threads in the 80 series tech forum. A lot of folks rebuild the power steering pump and there are a couple of great threads I can recall, but none of the pump itself seemed serviceable without pulling it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom