Forum Layout Changes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
Have made a few adjustments this morning, we will see how everything irons out...

Small Business and clothing is now at the front of the Classifieds. This should give more visibility to those members trying to make a few products that help support their cruiser habits.

However, that also means the Supporting Vendors visibility needs to be higher. Those sections are relocated to the top of the main forum page. This gives access to those sections via mobile app. It does at "a little" additional scrolling to the page when on a browser, but most sections need to be scrolled to anyways.

Sidebars are also being adjusted, there are new options I'm working on for sidebar content...NOT to effect threads however, just the main tables.

I've also adjusted what appears when using a mobile browser to help further speed that up.

A new/corrected mobile app is pending too...hoping to test changes this week and address a few issues that some members have noted.

I've been trying to listen to suggestions/ideas and come up with the best solution. No changes will please everyone.

Does that explain why this area looks different on my desktop? Not a complaint, just seemed different when I fired up MUD this morning.
PageLayout.JPG

yes, re-added that column in. The new 1.4 version of XF (released already, upgrading soon) offers a few new options in that area that should be useful. I've already had members asking for the Google Search box.

There will also be a column added on individual threads, but guest only. Still trying to get find out what needs to be done for that to happen correctly and keep threads full-screen-width for registered users.

Very much a complaint here. Forum pages are all bunched up to the left on my laptop, making it much more difficult to scan/read the thread titles.

Unless a thread title is long enough to wrap to a new line, the length of page space is identical. I am looking to "narrow" up a couple other areas, but until it's live, I can't make any adjustments and know what results to expect.

Nope. But I thought I had a "slider" option that would work for supporting members...it didn't.

You seem to have turned off the "mark forums read" function in most of the forums, which makes it hard to keep track of what's new in the vendors forums for example.

If I was a newbie I would get confused and then wonder why you have so much stuff under a heading called "Forums" and then have similar but slightly different stuff like "Other Tech" under a completely separate heading.

I found the Vendors Market easier to find and more prominent when it had its own heading.

I think the Vendors Market was easy to find, IF you knew it was there. Vendors were letting me know otherwise, that customers were not finding their threads. For those of us used to the layout, it was no big deal. For new/visitors, it was.

It's addressed in the User Guide thread, but we all know no one reads directions.

I don't like the "other tech" heading, but needed something short. A long phrase doesn't work, and I've not had other ideas. (outside of moving it to the bottom of the main page, which I've considered)

oh, and nothing changed with the "mark forums read" system.

oh, and nothing changed with the "mark forums read" system.

OIC, figured it out. I was used to having to use the "..." over on the right side for Mark Forums Read in the Vendors Market. Now I see that it is on the left side in text, which I've never used before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom