For those that ordered suspension online. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently ordered a lift online from a reputable vendor but the springs look kinda beat up. Not like they had been installed but more like they had just been moved around a lot and we're scuffed up.

For those that purchased online :
did your springs arrive looking like they could be put out on a showroom floor or with some heavy handling scuffing?

IMG_20200326_171510.jpg

IMG_20200326_171603.jpg

Mine were fine... but I also wouldn't sweat it... these are parts that are going to be exposed to the elements... a little superficial scratches aren't something to worry about

My replacement shocks (after they had initially sent me the incorrect ones and after I had already installed those incorrect ones and had to tear it back apart) were delivered with very poor packaging. The spring seats were scuffed up from being dragged on the concrete. I showed photos to the rep and he just told me to touch it up with paint. I had to file down the rough edges and repaint it which was not an issue for me, but the reps response of just throw some paint on it left a bad taste.

I definitely wouldn't sweat it as they'll be dirty in no time at all.

But, I definitely expect when I pay my hard earned money to buy a product that's new, it arrive in nice shiny new condition. I like doing business with vendors that take pride in their product.

Also, having a vendor tell me to apply touch up paint to an issue is offputting. I'd have a sour taste too. A vendor should do the leg work to make an issue right for a customer. Not minimize it and give them a half-assed solution that creates work for them.

I really wouldn't stress the springs condition, I'd be more upset with the response.

I definitely wouldn't sweat it as they'll be dirty in no time at all.

But, I definitely expect when I pay my hard earned money to buy a product that's new, it arrive in nice shiny new condition. I like doing business with vendors that take pride in their product.

Also, having a vendor tell me to apply touch up paint to an issue is offputting. I'd have a sour taste too. A vendor should do the leg work to make an issue right for a customer. Not minimize it and give them a half-assed solution that creates work for them.

I really wouldn't stress the springs condition, I'd be more upset with the response.
100%

I wouldn't be sending my money to them anymore if that's the customer service I received for sure...

my Radflos came directly from Radflo.... and they all arrived in pristine condition. but granted it cost a lot more lol but still its been great.

I received a set of struts from Dobinsons and the paint was flaking off inside the box. They blamed it on the shipper and basically told me they wouldn't do anything about it.

Recently ordered a lift online from a reputable vendor but the springs look kinda beat up. Not like they had been installed but more like they had just been moved around a lot and we're scuffed up.

For those that purchased online :
did your springs arrive looking like they could be put out on a showroom floor or with some heavy handling scuffing?

View attachment 2251336

View attachment 2251338
I have dealt exclusively with Metal Tech and meticulous packaging got them to me show room perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom