FMS 1/6th scale FJ40 - Officially licensed from Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Disclaimer, Francis is a buddy of mine, founder of mtbr.com. Awesome channel.

Though the hobby site says 1/10th, it's really 1/6.75 scale.

Last edited:
Ordered me one

IMG_3742.jpeg
Just got mine today. Totally worth it. Here it is next to a 1/10 scale tamiya bruiser clone

IMG_3743.jpeg

IMG_3740.jpeg

I received mine yesterday. What do you think of it?

I think its rad they used the earlier body style, cant recall ever seeing a model of an earlier FJ40. Interested in feedback on these if they are worth anything as an RC trail rig.

I haven’t tested it yet, just unpacked it and took some pictures. My initial impression is that it’s a great scale model, that also happens to be an RC car. The interior is pretty detailed, working doors, hood, and back hatch. The seats are even covered with a plastic/faux leather material vs the typical hard plastic of other models. But as an actual RC crawler I don’t think it’s going to perform that well. It’s under sprung, too top heavy, no differentials (or it’s fully locked) and a few other issues that would need to be improved. I’m sure with enough time and money all the problems could be fixed but probably not worth the investment. I bought it as a display piece so those issues don’t bother me

If you’re looking for a trail rig the RC4WD gelande cruiser is probably better suited for that. It’s not as detailed, but has a lot more accessories to be able to modify it for a trail rig. I also have the RC4WD FJ40 but haven’t built it yet, but from the reviews I’ve seen it would be a better starting point for a RC trail rig

Last edited:
Here's our FMS

20230822_212428.jpg

Holy that's a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom