Fluid Heat Riser install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning out the installation of a header on my 2F motor that is in my '86 FJ60. I bought the Man-A-Fre fluid heat riser kit a few years back. It did not then and Man-A-Fre does not now provide installation instructions. The plate and fluid fittings are pretty straight forward. However, what is the recommended 'plumbing' of the fluid hoses, i.e. where is the best place to hook them up on the cooling system?

Thanks in advance!

-ibis1969

I don't have mine hooked up any more as it was on a different 60. I had tied it into the hose that goes to the heater core lines on the firewall. One line went over and the other came back. My interior heat seemed to warm up quicker. When I would start it up, I would put the interior heat to hot so the water would flow through those hoses. It worked pretty good. I still have it and I will be putting it on again when I put some headers on.

Good morning,
Just checking if you had got this all sorted out? Im doing the same upgrade on my truck and was looking for pictures. I got the header and the plate from a Mud member and the instructions were lacking directions.
Did you have to purchase any "T" fittings?

I wrote in this one a few years back on the install I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom