FLCA Annual Meet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great idea Chuck!

I was just watching the goonies on the AMC channel, no joke! Great idea...that would truly be the most original offroad park of all time! I'll use it when i build the very first central fl. park, but be sure to name it after you!
We can always go to LCross, North of Okeechobee. its mud, water, more mud...and more south than Central...but they'll allow us to take dozers and bobcats and build whatever there! maybe not a bad idea...got group rates and all...something to think bout.

Yall may hate this idea, but ever thought about richloam? i know...aint no alpha pit, and too wet for most "cruiser folk," but it's still an option to be considered. with our monster group, all we'd have to do is notify ahead of time. i love the place...but know some of yall hate it.

Maybe I missed it but is there a date? Also what about hog Island. The rover club had there annual there last year. There is camping available and lots of trails sicne the withlacochee forest, richloam, citrus and croom are all close.

update

there's no date that i know of yet...i've been watching the home site, but the March ride is up in Perry. March is when the annual was last year, so maybe its getting pushed back this year to april??? later??? hopefully b4 the skeeters gather their brigades.
hog island sounds like a great idea...where is the central hub? is that the same as "Hog Valley?" I have a close friend with land near there, outside of ONF area...not sure if the same though.

forgot to mention great animation with the characters on the description of Sat. nite's ride in richloam brian! Should have added :ban: for the warden keeping rigs off the "wildlife reserve" and :flipoff2: for the guys pulling out all the stocker rigs all night! especially mike in the white TJ on boggers. Enjoying watching him and many others in action...great time.

Hey! where's this??

Brian...where's the spot "Okeechobee" that the suncoast flatlanders went too? The pics look pretty cool with the rocks and hills. Is that private land? Maybe a good spot for an annual meet??? I know of "LCross" near there, a giant mud/water hole park. is there other trails open to public?
thanks

HMM not sure on that location I'll look into it. I'll also call Lokey and see what he suggests. Is there a reason why everyone is pushing for private land?

There was a park starting up a few years back near the Town of Okeechobee on the north side of the lake - there were a few articles in the local paper about it. I recollect several FLCA members looking into it as a possible event site - don't know what happened. If nobody chimes in I'll try and look it up down here - it's was supposebly about an hour from me...

PolkLandbruiser said:
Brian...where's the spot "Okeechobee" that the suncoast flatlanders went too? The pics look pretty cool with the rocks and hills. Is that private land? Maybe a good spot for an annual meet??? I know of "LCross" near there, a giant mud/water hole park. is there other trails open to public?
thanks

Meeting place topics

I'm not particular to private...doesn't matter to me, wheeling is wheeling. Seems like our FLCA club is partial to private land though now that ya mention it.
anyhow, the okeechobee park i know about is LCross...some couple 1000 acres of swamp and water...their site is www.lcross.com. costs used to like $25 / day...or $40 for the weekend....sumthin like that.
mostly trucks w/ 44s and swamp buggies, cuz i was stoked to find out about an offroad park in FL! but a lil different than the folks up north have.
like the tacoma says...be prepared for YOUR Terrain...not tellico, kentucky, or indiana's...

nullifier said:
So any updates on this annual get together? As long as it's not june or august I can attend.

Double check the FLCA BBS - Jerry either posted there or sent a direct e-mail to all current members, I don't remember which it was - basically saying where the next meeting will be and possibly having the annual in conjunction with the Thanksgiving run.

I personally prefer the Jan. date and enjoy the cold - so if it evers goes back up for a vote that'd be my .02 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom