FJ80 problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys when I am in reverse a grinding/squeaking noise is coming from the front brakes that sounds almost like brakes that squeak REALLY bad, but I just got new brakes, whether or not I am on the brakes does not affect anything, I'm stumped as to what this could be since it only happens while in reverse and I just got new pads and rotors?

Make sure the pins that are properly seated with the clip running through both and the anti-rattle spring is properly installed. I had the spring pop of one pin and it made a horrible noise in reverse as it would lean/drag against the inside of the wheel. In forward the angle was such that it didn't really make any noise.

I didn't understand j*ck what Phil was talking about but after a while, it makes sense that the retaining pins on the caliper could break loose.

Frank.

[quote author=sjcruiser link=board=2;threadid=12965;start=msg119642#msg119642 date=1079053127]
I didn't understand j*ck what Phil was talking about but after a while, it makes sense that the retaining pins on the caliper could break loose.

Frank.
[/quote]

Well here is jack, note the clip, pin and anti-rattle spring

The anti-rattle spring popped of the top pin and pivotted back and was dragging on the wheel.

are you sure it's the brakes? does it do this under load whether or not the truck is actually moving? like backing up a hill as you press on the gas but before the truck starts to move?

Hey I'm almost positive it's the brakes, I checked the pads and rotors and the front left rotor was a little worn but not bad, it will only do it while moving in reverse regardless of whether or not I am on the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom