FJ62 Outer Window Felt Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

atlshaun

GOLD Star
Threads
I bought these from City Racer and had them installed by the guy who painted my truck.

My question is did he install them incorrectly? Cut them to an incorrect size or break them?

I bought them to seal the windows but as installed these are doing nothing to stop the water intruding into my doors when it rains.

IMG_1656.jpeg

IMG_1657.jpeg

My felts from city racer looked similar. I don’t think they actual seal the rain out, as my stock ones that I removed where also similar in lack of coverage. There’s drains in the bottoms of the doors and a vapor barrier, probably for this ill fit.

Thanks for the replies. I cannot stand the water constantly in my doors every time it rains but such is life I guess

I get the water in the doors too and am starting to get a little minor rust (as opposed to the major rust in my front fenders and starting to penetrate around me gutter, ugh), so I'll be doing this in the next couple weeks and making it part of a yearly maintenance routine in all my doors and my recently repaired tailgate.

I get the water in the doors too and am starting to get a little minor rust (as opposed to the major rust in my front fenders and starting to penetrate around me gutter, ugh), so I'll be doing this in the next couple weeks and making it part of a yearly maintenance routine in all my doors and my recently repaired tailgate.

I have heard of doing the same with fluid film

Our vehicles have what are referred to as "wet doors" in the auto industry, or something like that. That term applies to a lot of different cavities in a vehicle such as a pillar or sunroof drain style.

These doors are designed to have some water get in and drain out the drain in the bottom. Keep your drains clean and some fluid film in there. You'll be fine. Think about how perfectly the rubber would have to fit and sit over time without shrinking or shifting to keep out water.

cool, right?

Our vehicles have what are referred to as "wet doors" in the auto industry, or something like that. That term applies to a lot of different cavities in a vehicle such as a pillar or sunroof drain style.

These doors are designed to have some water get in and drain out the drain in the bottom. Keep your drains clean and some fluid film in there. You'll be fine. Think about how perfectly the rubber would have to fit and sit over time without shrinking or shifting to keep out water.

cool, right?
That is cool! Never heard that, IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom