FJ62 Hose Connection Locations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

1988 FJ62 3FE
Long story, replaced the valve cover gasket as I seemed to be getting oil leaking from that location, turns out that might not have been the problem, though that's another tale. I'm putting back together all the hoses and although I know I should have taken copious photos of how it looked beforehand, I am now at somewhat of a loss when it comes to some of the locations where the hoses I dismantled to get to the valve cover were once connected. I've looked at hose diagrams for the 3FE, although I am still somewhat unsure on two connections. I will call them the green hose and the red hose. I've highlighted them in the pictures. Red comes through the firewall on the very left hand side of the engine compartment as you are looking at it from the front of the vehicle, while green comes from the fuel regulator/filter. Both go to the area of the EFI system, though unsure which went were, if I've got them in the opposite places at the moment from where they should be connected or what. I've looked in the hose diagrams that I have found on this site and elsewhere, though I have still not found specifically what I am looking for. Here's the pics.

Thanks guys, looking to get this beast rolling again.

20140912_183320.jpg

20140912_183344.jpg

The photos you show are not specific enough for me to trace the lines, however I will give it a try. The image below is from my '89 so can't be much different. I think, you have them reversed. What confuses me is the "red" hose. What you are calling the " fuel regulator filter" hose (green hose) in my photo is the larger of the three hoses in my photo. Not the big fat one on the top but the larger of the 3 on left side of the image, the ones in-line with one another. You can see that there are 2 small hoses and one larger right next to one another. That larger hose comes from what you are calling the fuel regulator filter which it may very well be. I just did not look at my FSM.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410564848.176967.jpg

I know this is confusing but I will try to help. What won't help if there is a lot of difference between your 88 and my 89 FJ62

...via IH8MUD app

Last edited:
Hey ekberger,
Thanks for your reply, both of my hoses are the same size as the larger of the three hoses in your photo. My hose that I have marked as red is indeed that larger of the three hoses that are inline in your picture. My question is where does the other end of that red hose go, the larger of the three inline hoses that is on the right hand side? And also, my green hose connection is three inches to the right of the red hose connection, right next to the throttle cable and my question on that one is where is the end of that one supposed to connect to? Thanks for all your help.

Remember, this is the routing from my 89 Fj62. Of the three in-line hoses I show (2 small on left and 1 fat on right) the fat one on the right goes here. This should be your red hose.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1411810620.647894.jpg

The other one in my original photo which is the fat one next to the throttle cable which I think you are saying is your green hose goes up on the firewall and then provides vacuum to the break booster.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1411810832.115211.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom