Wanted FJ62 Brown driver's master window/lock switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
DM or text me if you have one you're willing to part with. 801-971-2010

If you are still unsuccessful in your search, you can buy new from the switch doctor. I replaced mine with a brown "new switch" and it works great. Its definitely not oem as when you look at the back its not serviceable like the one you probably already have. One thing that also led me to understand that they are reproduction is that I tried to see it he would reman the old switches I already own and they do not.
Price is currently $88.00 which frankly is a really good deal. I feel like I paid more for mine not 4 months ago.

Toyota Land Cruiser Window Switch 1989-1990

Brown is discontinued. I have new gray ones, you can paint them to match factory color, easy to do.

If you are still unsuccessful in your search, you can buy new from the switch doctor. I replaced mine with a brown "new switch" and it works great. Its definitely not oem as when you look at the back its not serviceable like the one you probably already have. One thing that also led me to understand that they are reproduction is that I tried to see it he would reman the old switches I already own and they do not.
Price is currently $88.00 which frankly is a really good deal. I feel like I paid more for mine not 4 months ago.

Toyota Land Cruiser Window Switch 1989-1990

I had a bad experience with them early on, the wiring was jacked up. They offered to send me a diagram so I could fix it myself, no thanks and I returned it. Another case of you get what you pay for.

When I got mine, the pins in the plug were off by one pin location, which they advised could be possible from the get go.
It was simple to solve. Just had to pull out one pin and relocate it. All it took was a small pick tool. No special pin popper or anything. I give a thumbs up to them. Sorry you had a bad experience... I hate that and will agree one bad experience will ruin a company for me.

Yes, those directions exactly. They were pretty simple to follow. You sent the switch back for that? I think it is so it can work for the 60 and 62. I could be wrong too

Yes, those directions exactly. They were pretty simple to follow. You sent the switch back for that? I think it is so it can work for the 60 and 62. I could be wrong too

I paid for a working switch, not one I have to fix. I’ve got enough things that fall in that bucket.

Haha. In essence it was a working switch. I'm definitely not going to start any sort of argument here with you or any of the other fine folks on mud. Hell, I've bought parts from you and would like to think that you know as well as the rest of us that when buying parts for these old cruisers, nothing is ever what it seems and 9 times out of 10 is slightly different from what you are replacing. In my opinion, which matters very little, a 20 second pin swap is perfectly acceptable. And the switches work great. I'm in the automotive (limo manufacturing) industry so I am familiar with the woes of not getting what you purchased and or making it work to fit an application. Frustrating to say the least. ( we are building 300 6 inch stretched suicide door Continentals for Lincoln currently, so keep an eye out at your local dealer next year for our Black Label cars)
That said, I highly respect what you do and offer to the community. You are also far more knowledgeable about these vehicles than I likely will ever be, so take my back and forth with a grain of salt. Your standards are your standards and that is fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom