Wanted FJ62 3F Head Gaskets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. The 88 FJ62 I bought in March has had thick white exhaust since I bought it. Drove it from Georgia to Buffalo over 3 days with no issues but have been told I may need to get the head gaskets replaced (as the coolant is leaking into the oil, or vice versa?) pretty new to all of this so I was wondering where I could procure head gaskets for the 3F 4 speed automatic?

Thanks!

most likely the engine is a 3FE, the 3F engine is a carburated engine that was available overseas when we got the fuel injected version.
Onur is a good source for parts, Land Cruiser parts and consulting goes by @beno here on mud.he also lives a bit east of you outside Kingston.

It's fuel injected. Standard fj62, but a lot of miles, over 375000. I still need to check the fluids but so far (after about 1100 of my own miles on it, no issues. Engine is nice and cool, oil pressure good. It's probably a slow leak. Thanks for the info!

You can post tech questions here in this section:

you may have a cracked head, if the head is pulled off it should be checked.
you can do a compression test and a leakdown test to check the health of the engine. that would help determine the path you follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom