FJ60 engine swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well if ya do i have almost 5 gallons of the ppg dtr epoxy primer:D for those possible rusy cruisers.its just taking up dust here:rolleyes: .all ya need is mek or thinner of some type to mix

Jim--ya gotta give us a couple more days warning...

How late are you working Saturday night? I can get out by 5pm or so and be in your neck of the woods by 7pm.

-o-

Jim--ya gotta give us a couple more days warning...

How late are you working Saturday night? I can get out by 5pm or so and be in your neck of the woods by 7pm.

-o-
i think he said he had to be out the door by 4.which is why i switched to sunday

Hey Onur,
Saturday is date night.:rolleyes:
Gotta knock off in the shop by 4 or 5 and get cleaned up.

Sorry for the lack of warning. This was a last minute plans change.
Was supposed to be crewing at Sno-drift ProRally today, but rally car wasn't quite ready to go, so our entry was scrubbed on Tuesday. Bummer, but it means I have the weekend to get this darn truck put together.

But I'll be working sunday as well. got a set of loaded V6 truck calipers, new rotors, knuckle kit, new Aisin 1" MC, 4.11 fine spline diff.
All YOU need to do is complete knuckle rebuild, diff swap and brake upgrade.:grinpimp:

I'm on baby duty all weekend....Otherwise I would have loved to have come up an observed.

Jim,

I've got a Aisin Carb from a 22r that needs rebuilt..can I drop it off for you to work on when you can? No hurry...whatever the goin rate is fine with me too..

Sucks, Wife is inside of one month now on the baby, and I am staying close to the nest.

last time, I was in Chicago and drove thorugh the night to get back to Cbus in time.

Sorry man, I owe you one, well several jim.

friday progress

Made some progress today. Knocked the whole nose off the truck, which makes engine R&I about 4X easier.

Old engine is out. Almost everything useful is stripped off it. Need to degrease the parts and bolt them to the new engine.

Should be able to set the new engine in the chassis tomorrow.

Then rebuild the nose w/ the most rust-free parts from inventory.
DSC04485R.jpg
DSC04494R.jpg
DSC04499R.jpg

Jim,

If you will still be working on it come the third weekend of february I can come down and help you out. I ended up fight some battles in the garage of my own this weekend.

- Jason

Jim,

Hold the compressor for me...had to stick a clutch in this weekend..:rolleyes:

:frown: sad i was looking forward to meeting ya:D oh well see ya at the trailrun.jim should have pictures to post from yesterday

I was ready to go Sunday after doing the clutch Saturday...but the rest of the crew wasn't....Vince and John headed South at 4:30 and wheeled till 10 pm..:rolleyes: which ruled me out.

Guess that's what I get for being ready at 9 am..

much got done after some cussing and etc,but jim makes it easy.he is got exhaust some hoses,carb,and some little s*** on the engine left.but he is got it beat

It's alive!

It lives!

The new 2.5F is running, cooling, charging just fine.

It's still a few days from being roadworthy, but it definitely runs and shifts gears. gotta finish putting grill & lights on, front brakes & knuckles, etc.
Pics to follow.

BIG THANKS to Rallydriver, cruiser88 and zebrabee for pulling the old engine, swapping over all the little shtuff, and getting the new engine installed.
You guys Rock!

They did all the work while I drank all the beer.;)

:beer: :beer: :beer: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom