FJ60 charging issue (1 Viewer)

OK on my way to work, My Head lights would get really bright for a few seconds then go back to normal. At the same time my defroster fan would speed up.

I looked at the volt meter, witch normally reads about 14 volts with the rig running and It was jumpimng up to 16+ at the same time, in other words it was going off the meter.

Whats going on, Is there a voltage regulator that is going out, or the alt, Any ideas ??

I am guessing the voltage regulator.

Jason YY said:
OK on my way to work, My Head lights would get really bright for a few seconds then go back to normal. At the same time my defroster fan would speed up.

I looked at the volt meter, witch normally reads about 14 volts with the rig running and It was jumpimng up to 16+ at the same time, in other words it was going off the meter.

Whats going on, Is there a voltage regulator that is going out, or the alt, Any ideas ??

I am guessing the voltage regulator.
could be the voltage regulator, or the brushes. I'd replace both.
j

Is that something that I can do I thought that You had to take them in to a Auto Electric shop. Do cruisers have some sort of user friendly brush set up?

FYI i did recently replace the brushes in the blower for my heater.

I drove it for another day and it started getting worse. So I decided that it made since that if the voltage was flucuating wildly that it was a voltage regulator problem.

Turns out that I have a internally regulated alternator. Ordered the part and shes good as new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom