FJ45 LPB Tail light lenses OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good eye there.

Table is in my office.

As you must well know, no wife in the world appreciates her oven or dishwasher or table being used for car parts, let alone the garage, attic, and spare bedrooms.

My solution was to dump the wife and keep the cars, making me a happy camper (and a smart-alek).

Your results may vary.

To the issue: yep, the cracked Stout lens has slightly different end shape, but the screw holes line up, so maybe another variation to ponder.

Because so many items interchange relatively easy, that would account for the variations of stuff we find attached to 45-plus-year old vehicles. ........and also the variations of stuff we find attached to 45-plus-year old car fanatics !

My solution was to dump the wife and keep the cars, making me a happy camper (and a smart-alek).

Im not just a spokesman.....Im a member !!

The broken lense looks like it has more of it missing, the style started in late 1968 and was used on the RK101 stout, dyna truck and other toyota COE pickups such as hiace and toyoace until early 1979.

P22-07-12_1718_zpsca2bcc50.jpg

The lights on my 1976 stout, in Australia the factory load decks were subject to high tax so most imorted pickups had locally made flat decks (tray) and under new rules tail lights now must be within 50mm 2" of rear and there was no way I was putting the original back there where they get smashed, so the cheap by after market 1979-1986? lights

FJ45 lenses mid-range--OEM

These are the rarely seen 1968-1975 lenses.
While importation of the 45s was halted in many countries, production continued for the rest of the world during this period. Why this was so would be an interesting topic to pursue.
Note: these are ledged with a mid-level overhang similar to some Mercedes lenses of that era.
Note also the continuation of the license-lamp cutout in the bottom of the first lamp housing at the top of the photos; again indicating the placement of the rear license plate below the handed-lamp with the cutout--there are two different metal lamp housings--only one has the cutout--it is the one with the white back-up lamp on its left side.
Lastly, note that the factory supplied the replacement lenses in a snap-together configuration: the red/white section is factory bonded; the amber section snaps on. Perhaps there was a red smaller snap-on section for some markets/countries.

This lamp and its lenses is wider than the earlier FJ45 and Stout lamp/lenses, but is less wide than the 1976 lamp/lenses in the following photo.

Hey bear
do you have a toyota part number for the 68-75 ledged lenses as I have them on 75 my long bed ute and would like too try find a nos set for my resto
Thanks
Tim

Lc42td,

I am sympathetic to your situation.
The lenses I have, came installed on the complete lamps for that period.
The Toyota part numbers on the boxes are for the entire lamp assemblies.

If you have access to the parts catalog for that period, the lenses are typically listed following the info on the lamp assemblies.
There also is a clear lens for the license lamp attached to one of the lamp housings with rubber gasketing around it.

Even with the correct part numbers in hand, however, your only hope of ever finding those OEM lenses will be at some out-of-the-way tiny parts warehouse or very old dealer stock that was stashed away years ago and forgotten. I have occasionally found such things in the Middle East, and countries around the Mediterranean--the search takes years of patient searching and a keen eye.

Good luck !

Lc42td,

If you have access to the parts catalog for that period, the lenses are typically listed following the info on the lamp assemblies.
There also is a clear lens for the license lamp attached to one of the lamp housings with rubber gasketing around it.

Even with the correct part numbers in hand, however, your only hope of ever finding those OEM lenses will be at some out-of-the-way tiny parts warehouse or very old dealer stock that was stashed away years ago and forgotten. I have occasionally found such things in the Middle East, and countries around the Mediterranean--the search takes years of patient searching and a keen eye.

Good luck !

Bear would you be interested In parting with your full assemblies do you have a truck that you are holding them for?
Regards
Tim
Lc42td,

Good luck !

Lc42td Tim,

That's a business question and this is not a for-sale thread--I was trying to be informational only.
In your shoes, I would ask the very same question, so I sent you a personal reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom