FJ40 Steering Column Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on my 80 FJ40, I barely fit in the SOB. Building some new seat brackets. Would like to put a tilt column in it. What are some good GM or universal tilt columns people have used without any big issues?

Thanks

the worst mistake of your life you will realize shortly after you attempt such a radical NON-OEM mod , is you will hate your decision to do this forever

this is a Butcher , Baker , and Jerry-Rig Maker plan to address your space requirements

do a seat tracks rivets MOD

add L brackets to seal tracks and towers too

get front seat back and back

this will solve issue

source a FJ60 Steering wheel , its smaller diameter will help major too

if still not enough ?

shut off the BUD CANS , that is a MOD free guarantee to more room too

1 card  (1).jpg

Im not wading into a spat about purism but GM Columns fit and work just fine. BTB sells very nice adapters to mate it to the floor and dash, aside from that a universal 28" column will fit. adapting it to your harness will likely require an adapter, painless sells one.

Im not wading into a spat about purism but GM Columns fit and work just fine. BTB sells very nice adapters to mate it to the floor and dash, aside from that a universal 28" column will fit. adapting it to your harness will likely require an adapter, painless sells one.
Already in the works. I don’t give a s*** about “non OEM”. Totally forgot my other 40 had a GM column. Just ordered all the same stuff. Thanks for the feedback

Already in the works. I don’t give a s*** about “non OEM”. Totally forgot my other 40 had a GM column. Just ordered all the same stuff. Thanks for the feedback
Glad to hear, I'd seriously check out some of the BTB stuff if you are interested in a seamless look.

youpers... Are you sure on the 28"? BTB site shows a 33"? I see 32" on ebay and 28". Thanx

youpers... Are you sure on the 28"? BTB site shows a 33"? I see 32" on ebay and 28". Thanx
I used a 28" column from ebay with BTB adapters. It wasn't the nicest but it got me across the finish line under budget and I can upgrade very easily later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom