FJ25 original colors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My youngest 25 is gray and the factory color. Still original paint. The story on this goes it was brought into the country by someone in the military before Land Cruisers were being imported to the country because that didn't start until 1963. :rolleyes: Funny how Toyota ran an ad in 1971 showing the first one from 1958 and stiil runnig. :confused:

All the engine bays on my are painted black does anyone have a original paint job with the matching color in the engine bay?

John

As far as I know the 25 was only white, green, red, or grey.

I've got to check on the underhood colors. The red one was red under the hood, but black under the VIN plate. My green one is black in the engine compartment, thought it was done afterwards. :confused:

My engine compartment, wheel wells and even the inside of the glove box are the original light grey. When I get around to painting the whole vehicle, I'll probably take it back to that color. Yeah, that would be nice to track down the original paint code.

Living in the Past said:
All the engine bays on my are painted black does anyone have a original paint job with the matching color in the engine bay?

I scratched down to the metal on mine and this is what I found.

Firewall and Cowl: Black - Down to and including the front side of the first body mount. The front of the mount is painted body color, then black. So the firewall was painted after the body, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Aprons and Fender: Body color.

Bib: Black

Now mine's changing colors. Pulled the master cylinder and now I'm seeing green under the grey on the firewall. I wonder what's under the next layer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom