FJ25 Axle Swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at swapping FJ40 disc front on the 25, as I am having a bear of a time sourcing wheel cylinders...Any feedback? Anyone know where I can source wheel cylinders? PO pulled 2 cylinders and lost them, in addition to a single drum. I can get here back on the road if I can just get these brakes set up... Thanks!

I almost posted to your tread in the 40/55 tech forum. Probably should have what you need in the way of 25 brakes parts. I won't trade out axle just for those parts. If you wanted to do a disk brake converison that would another story. Is this the 25 that sold on criag's list a while back? It had FJ40 bucket seats in the front if I remember right. I do believe I still have pictures of it at home on my Computer.

Like John said, if the only reason your throwing out the axle is because of the missing pieces give us a shot first. Should be no problem setting you up with rebuildable cores.

Swapping the axle is no big deal, except as Mark said in the other thread, setting up a dual circuit master, or power brake master. You will need to make a special driveshaft 40 one end, 25 on the other. Also make sure you get the the center arm to knuckle tie rod from the 40, pretty much bolt in.

Search for the drum brakes thread in this section, lots of pictures.

Pictures required of any 25 requiring help though............... :lol:

Red white and blue one with a 40 top IIRC? trans troubles?...how's it going? Lots of good advice here, like keep the 25 axle and just fix the brakes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom