fj cruiser 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Article badly translated using an online translator... It missed a few words.

Toyota came this year in Detroit with leuke surprise, the FJ Cruiser. The concept sport utility vehicle have been considered and have been developed by Toyota engine Sales and Toyota's Calty design center in Californie. He has been devised as a payable area vehicle and moreover has been used new possibilities examine for the next generation

Although the FJ Cruiser without doubt a ultra has modern design, be there nevertheless styling details which have been motivated by the legendary Landcruiser FJ 40, such as the head lamps, the roof of the cabin, the grille, luchtinlaten and the round head lamps.

THE FJ Cruiser have equipped with 250 pk strong 3,4-liter V6 with supercharger of TRD (Toyota Racing development), which has been coupled to viertraps automatic tranmission and four wheel traction with low gearing. The concept car has been built on the modified platform of the Tacoma pickup truck and has a wheel framework with long veerweg and large wheel results. Furthermore is he provide with 22-inch wheels.

The interior has been kept especially simple, but the forms are playful. Truck drivers will be notable it immediately that are based on of the FJ Cruiser on afgeveerde bump silencing devices stand. Toyota bring between previous year May and the end of 2003 no less than 19 new models and concept cars. What the malicious FJ Cruiser concept concerns SUV: but let come!

looks cool. what are they going for?

I've read quite a few threads about this rig. I don't recall there ever being a removable top. If I was the designer, I would have kept the fj40 design then added all of todays technology into it.

I haven't seen one either, but my brother swears he saw one on a car show with no top and a roll bar installed :eek: Can't wait for it to come out. Never bought a new car in my life, this will be my first. :D

Cheers

I saw it in the big car show. It had a non removable top from what I could see. The Toyota guy there knew jack s*** about it and the original cruisers.
I'm somewhat dissapointed.

We definately need something to counter the Rubicon. The thing looks a bit plastic to me but with some modest mods it could be a beast. Question is did the designers take the trail into consideration or is it just a marketing ploy to sell cute "jeepy" trucks to teenagers?

[quote author=bobsonit link=board=1;threadid=9186;start=msg80148#msg80148 date=1072307441]
I haven't seen one either, but my brother swears he saw one on a car show with no top and a roll bar installed :eek: Can't wait for it to come out. Never bought a new car in my life, this will be my first. :D

Cheers
[/quote]

That may have been the TLC company out of Cali. They built something more similiar to a 40 than compared to the new version.

[quote author=Godhead link=board=1;threadid=9186;start=msg79948#msg79948 date=1072282574]
Article badly translated using an online translator... It missed a few words.
[/quote]

Translation is pretty good, considered the fact that only 0,27% of the world's population speaks dutch.

Ton

P.S. hope Woody doesn't move this item to the "international section".

[quote author=drohweder link=board=1;threadid=9186;start=msg80161#msg80161 date=1072310123]
We definately need something to counter the Rubicon. The thing looks a bit plastic to me but with some modest mods it could be a beast. Question is did the designers take the trail into consideration or is it just a marketing ploy to sell cute "jeepy" trucks to teenagers?
[/quote]
IFS.
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

[quote author=drohweder link=board=1;threadid=9186;start=msg80161#msg80161 date=1072310123]
is it just a marketing ploy to sell cute "jeepy" trucks to teenagers?
[/quote]

that pretty much sums it up :rolleyes:

If they let you guys in north america have 70 series landcruisers you wouldnt look sideways at this escapee from a kids toybox.
There is no way the fjcruiser will be a heavy duty offroader and it will just be another plastic fantastic cruising the shopping malls.

i'm with you rosco, i think the thing is pretty gay lookin. i would so much rather them import 70-75 series rigs than spend money putting a honda element on steriods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom