Fj 60 headlight problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I was looking for a buss bar like the one behind the instrument cluster. I found this instead Relay cleaner cont. part number 85276-14010. Also bought a combo switch from a vender here on mud and it was bad.

Last edited:
i have NEVER come across a good pre-owned 60 or 62 combo switch Michael in my entire life ,,,,,

they get used and used and have a service life that comes to a end , i thing removing them and reinstalling them all the tugging and pulling etc.

makes this topic even worse odds ,

i think i have a BLEMISH one of my reproduction 84310-60181 's

PM me ,

Anyone torn into this this part? Relay cont. I figure part is a relay for the head lights and part is a bus bar for the grounds. .?

Last edited:
Thanks, Will do tomorrow ,still have not fixed the problem.

No luck yet, electrical Toyota pages are not that good.

Hi, The answer to the problem is the ground where ever it is. I originally thought it was the combination light switch and buying three bad ones here on mud from different people I finally got a warranted one from a junk yard for 25.00. So after cleaning the two a pillar grounds and destroying the plastic buss bar behind the instrument cluster and redoing the grounds there I still had no lights. So I hooked up a new ground to the choke light ground ,problem solved.

Hi, Well the hunt continues. Head lights work fine as do turn signals. Now no dash lights or running lights. With the repair manuals by Toyota I can not find where they are grounded on our 1987 fj60.

Hi, Anyone know where the instrument and running rights are grounded ? Thanks, Mike

still no running lights or instrument cluster lights.

Bad grounds seem to cause all kinds of mayhem on these rigs.

All lights working. Thank goodness.
What do you attribute this to? I am having the same problem. No running lights, tail lights. Or blower motor. Chasing fuses. Just bought and installed a work around for the fusible link. No go. All fuses tested fine, still replaced some anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom