For Sale FJ-40 Motor, Transmission, Transfer Case Combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1974 FJ-40 F Motor with Transmission and Transfer Case, and much more
Fresh rebuild with less than 5000 miles...doing an EFI engine swap!
Motor was rebuilt by Kidd Performance in Twin Falls, Idaho
Comes with radiator, hoses, and air cleaner assembly - not shown
Asking $3000, great deal!

IMG_1201.jpeg

IMG_1202.jpeg

IMG_1203.jpeg

IMG_1204.jpeg

IMG_1205.jpeg

A ‘74 F.5 would have an integral oil filter on the passenger side of the block, not a remote one on the driver’s side.

You better know what you’re talking about before you make a post like that, all I know is I’ve owned this for 30 years and unlikely the motor was changed. Either way, photo is the motor stamp, F 417101, motor produced in 73 for 74 production...look it up

657ADAF8-C58A-419C-81EC-A5EED16DFB98.jpeg

You better know what you’re talking about before you make a post like that, all I know is I’ve owned this for 30 years and unlikely the motor was changed. Either way, photo is the motor stamp, F 417101, motor produced in 73 for 74 production...look it up

View attachment 1911712
Quoted for posterity.

Wow, looks like a nice engine you will be putting in your 40.

I may be interested in your engine, tranny, T-case, etc. Is the compression still strong? Any known mechanical problems?

Some 1974s had 3 speed transmissions and some had 4 speeds. Is yours a 3 speed or 4 speed? Did Kidd Performance do any work on the tranny or T-case or just the engine? Is the shifting smooth?

My '74 was built in Oct '73 and has the F.5 engine, so yours must have been one of the last 74s to actually get a F engine. According to the chart for engine serial numbers at SOR and Coolcruisers, your engine appears to have been built in December 1972, as the first engine Toyota produced that month had the serial number of 417077.

Thanks!

Wow, looks like a nice engine you will be putting in your 40.

I may be interested in your engine, tranny, T-case, etc. Is the compression still strong? Any known mechanical problems?

Some 1974s had 3 speed transmissions and some had 4 speeds. Is yours a 3 speed or 4 speed? Did Kidd Performance do any work on the tranny or T-case or just the engine? Is the shifting smooth?

My '74 was built in Oct '73 and has the F.5 engine, so yours must have been one of the last 74s to actually get a F engine. According to the chart for engine serial numbers at SOR and Coolcruisers, your engine appears to have been built in December 1972, as the first engine Toyota produced that month had the serial number of 417077.

Thanks!

All 74 had a F engine. They is no such thing as a F.5. Also as far as I know all 74 had the new improved oiling system. A big plus on how the engine was oiled.

All 74 had a F engine. They is no such thing as a F.5. Also as far as I know all 74 had the new improved oiling system. A big plus on how the engine was oiled.
Yes, you are correct. I was just referring to the new improved oiling system as a F.5 (or "F and a half") to distinguish the difference of the F without it and the 2F with it.
Thanks, and enjoy your weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom