First year for dual cab ute? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do indeed. But one can never have enough doors. :rofl:

I didn't know they were after market. The more you know.

I do indeed. But one can never have enough doors. :rofl:

I didn't know they were after market. The more you know.
Nic -
Scott @Eco 45 is the guru of early/South African 4 door utes

Good guy

Eco-OffRoad, LLC
Scott Oncken
Tel: 541-550-6300
Email: soncken AT gmail DOT com

upload_2017-7-29_13-20-47.png

upload_2017-7-29_13-21-42.png

upload_2017-7-29_13-22-8.png

Eco-OffRoad, LLC

Hello,

Body companies in Australia and South Africa made four door conversions, mostly for the mining industry.

They appear to have started in the early 1990s. It would be wise to start looking for, say, 1991 - 1992 models.

A South African company, Meano and Sons, still makes quality four door conversions.

Juan

Thank you wardharris for the kind words! Technically factory double cabs for the public started in 2012. In Japan there were fire trucks that could be argued to be the first double cab trucks, however not offered to the public and with a lot of strange hoses hanging off the back. Aftermarket double cabs started in 1987 or close there abouts in both Australia and South Africa. South African double cab trucks are more refined than the Australian counter parts. I know for certain you can still have a 75 Series truck today converted to a double cab if one wishes in South Africa. Of course 1990 brings the offering of a 1HZ engine so a big improvement over the older ones. However both these markets the trucks are used as trucks so hard to find a good example. Short bed trucks tend to maintain the factory 75 Series frame where the long bed versions have a modified frame. Even though they are not Toyota factory models there is nothing like owning a double cab 75 series! Been importing them for years if you have something specific you are looking for. :beer:

IMG_4919.JPG

I'm honestly just day deaming. I really like the tan one from your lot that Ward posted.

Thank you wardharris for the kind words! Technically factory double cabs for the public started in 2012. In Japan there were fire trucks that could be argued to be the first double cab trucks, however not offered to the public and with a lot of strange hoses hanging off the back. Aftermarket double cabs started in 1987 or close there abouts in both Australia and South Africa. South African double cab trucks are more refined than the Australian counter parts. I know for certain you can still have a 75 Series truck today converted to a double cab if one wishes in South Africa. Of course 1990 brings the offering of a 1HZ engine so a big improvement over the older ones. However both these markets the trucks are used as trucks so hard to find a good example. Short bed trucks tend to maintain the factory 75 Series frame where the long bed versions have a modified frame. Even though they are not Toyota factory models there is nothing like owning a double cab 75 series! Been importing them for years if you have something specific you are looking for. :beer:

View attachment 1506630

Holy Wheel Base!!!!...
What is the turning circle?
and here I am thinking that my HJ75 (Thanks Scott!!!) was a LAND YACHT. LOL

Toyota started selling factory ones here at the end of 2012 (MY13) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom