First time to do bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everything done waiting to mount the tires. After I had the LX sitting back on the floor, I torqued everything down to FSM specs. I even took the time to scrap/clean what seemed like 10 pounds of dirt/sand/grease off the diff and frame. Man what a mess, but looks much better now. Took for a quick spin and drives much better. No odd sways or noises.

All Done DS.jpg

All Done PS.jpg

Last edited:
One more video, this time, I mounted the camera and the video was much improved. Also, I purchased some decent clamps to hold the arbors down.

One more video, this time, I mounted the camera and the video was much improved. Also, I purchased some decent clamps to hold the arbors down.

I can tell you're not in the rust belt!

That was a very quiet operation. Mine were more like a shotgun going off and each time it popped, I'd have to chase down and find all my blocks and supports so I could continue. I frequently came up to the limit of the 20 ton press, then I'd have to tap the outside of the arm with a hammer to get it to release.

Waiting on replacement double locking jack stands to replace my HFT stands.. Should be here sometime tomorrow... Plan to start work on the rear bushings then...

You are going to fall deeper in love with your rig when you have them all done!
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom