Finally Made Some "Weatherproof" Speaker Enclosures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a Tuffy console with the radio slot for my 40 about 3 years ago because I didn't want to cut up my dash to mount a modern single DIN stereo, and since I run with the top off all summer I didn't want it to get wet or stolen. I got a new stereo about 2 years ago for Christmas, but never installed it because I couldn't figure out how/where to mount speakers, so it's been sitting in my closet. Checked into marine/boat speakers, but they were kind of pricey. We've had a couple of really nice days and I finally decided to install it and make something work. I found these black, plastic exterior dryer vent covers that are supposed to be put on your roof to vent the dryer if your laundry room is on the second floor of your house while browsing at Menards and had an idea...

:idea:

I made some speaker boxes with some 1x3s and scrap plywood to fit a pair of 6 1/2 speakers and coated the inside and out with Flexseal rubber coating to hopefully keep them weatherproof. Cut the dryer vents to fit the boxes and mounted them on my rear fender wells. They actually sound really good, as the dryer vent tops funnel the sound towards the front seats. Hopefully they'll hold up to the elements. I figured it was better than just letting them get straight rained on... I guess time will tell, and if not I've got a couple new hood scoops!

IMG_20170220_160627_zpstlfptgmr.jpg

IMG_20170221_151816_zpshrst63ui.jpg

IMG_20170221_162901_zpsrhgqytw2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom