Finally got Ironman 4x4 bumper for GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I guess the ship finally made it from Australia because I got my bumper delivered 2 weeks ago.
I've just finished the install. Looks great! Want to get offroad lights but haven't decided which ones. Ordering different winch hook and plate mounts for d ring anchors. I really like the side skid plates on either side of the main bumper skid plate. Main bumper skid plate did attach with previously installed ARB skid plates.
Overall I'm very pleased. Installed CB antenna and about to run cable to cab. Need to locate a hole in firewall... My driver side fender flare cut out was off a little, I can still disconnect it and trim it up more straight with flap disc on angle grinder.
20210620_231338.jpg
20210620_231402.jpg
20210620_174941.jpg

I've got the same bumper on my '04 GX, but I don't have those awesome recovery points? Did you weld on your own so you could add the D-Rings? It looks so clean, I really like!

Well people! I think I'm over it. I bought GX470 on January 5th 2021 and have done all this work methodically and carefully to keep GX from now on. It gets somewhat depressing when I look at rear bumper options with tire carrier, real rock sliders etc.
The dash is cracked and even coverlay doesn't suit me. I think it should be replaced by dealer or get over it. The rest of the interior is perfect! The seats, armrests, carpet, on and on is all perfect.
I have never heard an engine start so quietly and perfect no matter how long it is left in shop where it stays here at our farm.
I have synthetic gear oil in diffs and center and engine oil. All maintenance is up to date. I'm sure anyone can find on this forum all my posts and images. I don't have to sell it, I could just keep it forever... I know for an absolute fact this vehicle can go on indefinitely, the drivetrain is bulltproof.
In fact, if we have a shtf situation and we need to drive to south America this would be the complete answer...

I bought a new toy/vehicle and am interested in this new unit now...
Hino 338 cab and chassis.

I'm taking offers on GX over 30k ...
20211201_073325.jpg
20211211_154534.jpg
20211211_154603.jpg
20211211_154638.jpg
20211207_073330.jpg
20211207_073447.jpg

Well people! I think I'm over it. I bought GX470 on January 5th 2021 and have done all this work methodically and carefully to keep GX from now on. It gets somewhat depressing when I look at rear bumper options with tire carrier, real rock sliders etc.
The dash is cracked and even coverlay doesn't suit me. I think it should be replaced by dealer or get over it. The rest of the interior is perfect! The seats, armrests, carpet, on and on is all perfect.
I have never heard an engine start so quietly and perfect no matter how long it is left in shop where it stays here at our farm.
I have synthetic gear oil in diffs and center and engine oil. All maintenance is up to date. I'm sure anyone can find on this forum all my posts and images. I don't have to sell it, I could just keep it forever... I know for an absolute fact this vehicle can go on indefinitely, the drivetrain is bulltproof.
In fact, if we have a shtf situation and we need to drive to south America this would be the complete answer...

I bought a new toy/vehicle and am interested in this new unit now...
Hino 338 cab and chassis.

I'm taking offers on GX over 30k ...View attachment 2863822View attachment 2863824View attachment 2863826View attachment 2863827View attachment 2863829View attachment 2863828
Message me for phone number, texts, etc. I can go over all I've done to GX... I can add or remove stryker 10 meter radio with cb added, antenna, cables etc. I wanted the ability to communicate if in an isolated area with no cell signal...

Message me for phone number, texts, etc. I can go over all I've done to GX... I can add or remove stryker 10 meter radio with cb added, antenna, cables etc. I wanted the ability to communicate if in an isolated area with no cell signal...
BTW; We bought the Jay Feather Micro rv to pull with GX and we spent 4 nights in it on fireline roads at Blue Ridge mountains. It is a 2021 model. GX is set up to pull it and does well. I can make a package deal if interested.

I guess the ship finally made it from Australia because I got my bumper delivered 2 weeks ago.
I've just finished the install. Looks great! Want to get offroad lights but haven't decided which ones. Ordering different winch hook and plate mounts for d ring anchors. I really like the side skid plates on either side of the main bumper skid plate. Main bumper skid plate did attach with previously installed ARB skid plates.
Overall I'm very pleased. Installed CB antenna and about to run cable to cab. Need to locate a hole in firewall... My driver side fender flare cut out was off a little, I can still disconnect it and trim it up more straight with flap disc on angle grinder.View attachment 2710233View attachment 2710216View attachment 2710218
Any tips on wiring the fog lights and blinkers? I installed the same bumper on my GX but the wiring diagram is confusing. I'm not sure where to connect the small white cable. Instructions say it connects to the parking lights but I'm not sure where exactly it's supposed to connect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom