Finally found an 80 after 8 months of searching! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=Lars link=board=2;threadid=8753;start=msg75751#msg75751 date=1071464839]
I dont have a choice.... our homeowners association does not allow vehicles to be parked anywhere but in the garage. Looks like we'll have to move.... now that will be a good thing!
[/quote] :flipoff2: :flipoff2: the home owners assoc.!!

Ahhh, another Moonglow Pearl :cheers: Mine is identical 'cept the roof rack! Congrats and have fun. I think there's an unwritten rule for Moonglow pearl owners: mi casa es su casa! :flipoff2: Might have to have a Moonglow Pearl reunion somewhere warm...oh say in about a week? :D

Ali

Ummm , thought he said gumetal grey ?

Here's my M.G.P 80 :

Shameless parking lot pose .. btw , sunny and warm sounds awesome right about now ... cloudy and cold out these days .. -5°C .

Nice find! Does she have a sister? Need an 80 for the wife:)

Lars, nice year, colour and mileage. I bought the same colour and year truck last year with 122k, lockers and the cracked leather seats. Turned out to have a few issues I won't go into, but no regrets 10k miles later.

Before you start buying add ons I strongly urge you to deal with all mechanical issues. Change all fluids, new oem belts, re-do knuckles and tune up, plus a coolant flush, then see how she runs... Within 1,000 miles of me buying I grenaded a birfield so I believe that you are in the danger zone for trucks of that year and colour ;)

[quote author=semlin link=board=2;threadid=8753;start=msg76151#msg76151 date=1071530944]
Before you start buying add ons I strongly urge you to deal with all mechanical issues. Change all fluids, new oem belts, re-do knuckles and tune up, plus a coolant flush, then see how she runs... Within 1,000 miles of me buying I grenaded a birfield so I believe that you are in the danger zone for trucks of that year and colour ;)
[/quote]

Thanks......... I agree.

Congrats on your new 80 purchase. I myself just purchased a 93 80 LC gunmetal grey with 102k miles for $9385. I noticed you have the dial for the lockers on the left side of the steering column. Mine has a switch instead of the dial...Is that the same thing as the dial..not sure but the manual did say i have center/front/rear lockers....Also noticed the windows move VERY SLOW, guess this is normal??? Just found this site after purchasing my LC this past Saturday.

Good timing, cause it snowed 4 inches in Wash DC area hours after i bought it.

Lars

I concur with the congrats. I also have a 93 with 117k (that I have had for a year now). I don't know what it is about arizona, but the market for land cruisers always seems tighter here than it is in other places.

I finally lucked into mine by looking in the Mesa Tribune.

One more thing, I may be interested in your old tires when you make the upgrade. Let me know if they become available.

BTW, do you know a good 80 mechanic in the valley? I have been looking for a recommendation for a while now.

And good luck with that HOA.

Jared

Nova,

Welcome and congrats on your new purchase. That's a decent price for a 93 with that mileage.

if you do not have the dial marked ff and rr closest to the steering wheel seen in the photo at reply #12 of this thread, then you do not have front and rear lockers. You can find a better photo of the dial at www.sleeoffroad.com under the newby info section. To answer your comment, all the owner's manuals contain instructions for front and rear lockers (with a picture of the dial), but only about 10% have them as an option. Also, not sure what "switch" you mean. There is an available central differential lock dash switch but this is to the right of the wheel on a 93 and afaik was not installed at the factory in a 1993 vehicle, only on a 91 or 92. Either you own a 92 or the PO would have had to be an offroad enthusiast to know you could order that switch from Toyota and install it aftermarket.

Slow windows in winter time is a fairly common complaint, and you might be able to do some good by taking door panel off and cleaning things up. . Try a search for past threads on "slow" and "window" but go advanced search and back 365 days because there was a lot of talk about this last winter.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=8753;start=msg76301#msg76301 date=1071548102]
dunno why it took so long, but congrats :flipoff2:
[/quote]

Because I was picky about the color....... grey, blue or 40th ed (desert dune?). :flipoff2:

40th's were only in 2 colors, sage or 6M1
-B-

Landcruiser 80 Model Repair Location

Any reputable area in Southern California where I can bring my 80 Landcruiser for repair besides dealers? :)

ulikepoi said:
Any reputable area in Southern California where I can bring my 80 Landcruiser for repair besides dealers? :)

You dredge up a 2 year old post to ask about places for repair???
:flipoff2:

Bah!

NO! No newbie welcome for you!

:D

sweet.

NorCalDoug said:
You dredge up a 2 year old post to ask about places for repair???
:flipoff2:

Bah!

NO! No newbie welcome for you!

:D

hehe

Congrats! Nice Rig. Lockers and Cloth interior are a rare combination indeed. Perfect for wheeling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom