Fender flares dilemma on Amazon Green 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2010 with 151K miles that I am having paint correction on right now. I wanted to remove the after market fender flares, and when the fellow did so, he found that paint had been etched by the flares all the way to bare metal.

Well the temporary solution is just put the flares back on. But I am concerned about rust long term. Would it be advisable to remove the flares and basically do a quality repaint? I’m not concerned about expense - I’m not ever getting rid of it.

Thoughts?

Out of curiosity are these the "OEM" flares that are installed on some Land Cruisers by Toyota? I want to get a set of those but worry about the flares sanding down the paint.

If I remember correctly, they were a port installed option by Southeast Toyota Distributors. correcting, posted below - Gulf States Toyota.

I'd just take it to a good paint shop and let them fix it. They do this day in, day out, every day.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity are these the "OEM" flares that are installed on some Land Cruisers by Toyota? I want to get a set of those but worry about the flares sanding down the paint.
Assume they will rub through the paint. It’s the nature of anything installed in that way.

Any pictures?
I had some beefy Bushwakers on my lifted Taco.

If I recall correctly, there was a piece of weather-stripping between the flare and body.

I am assuming these are installed a little different?

Any pictures?
I had some beefy Bushwakers on my lifted Taco.

If I recall correctly, there was a piece of weather-stripping between the flare and body.

I am assuming these are installed a little different?

Mine has the weather-stripping. Over the years, it will wears through. Then you've got a mess, like me.

I think all of them are aftermarket. These were installed at the port by Gulf States Toyota. I'll make you a really good deal on them. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom