Fellas can you help me appraise my Michigan 80 please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in Livonia and there isn't a huge market for 80's in Michigan as much as other places at least so I was thinking this would be the right place to ask as I'm having trouble coming up with a fair price. I'm sad that I never got to bring her to any meetups but my circumstances in life has drastically changed, I've gone from a 3 mile commute to a 40 mile daily commute and while I plan to pick up a newer Toyota truck in her place it doesn't make much sense for me to be driving a built up 26 year old truck 80 miles a day minimum. I built her to take her on trails, go camping, fishing and all that good stuff but none of that has happened at all and it's not going to anytime soon.

She's not dolled up at all she definitely would clean up a lot better but I got some basic pics and I made a list of work done. I added a lot of small things but I wanted to be thorough, believe me I could have added a hundred more small things if I really wanted to. Here it is:

Completely baselined 2 years ago when I bought her, all fluids changed, greased, lubed and all that good stuff religiously. I keep an excel sheet for it, have been using Mobil 1 10w-30 and I undercoated her before each winter….used clear film not black to hide things. For being a Midwest truck she shockingly has no real underbody issues.

97 with roughly 245k

ARB Front

NWTI Rear

XO Fab Sliders

Re-upholstered Leather Front and Mid Seats Also Center console pad

Hi Lift Jack Mounted to ARB w/pad

Painted Carpathian Gray 2/22

New Battery 8/22

New Window Runs 9/22

EGR Delete Kit (original parts included)

ABS Delete Kit (original parts included)

New OEM Radiator and Hoses 9/22

New Thermostat 9/22

New Hood insulation 1/22

Door Jam switches replaced 1/22

Cooper Discoverer Including Spare 285/75/16 1/22 @ 238k

New Denso Starter 3/22

Toyota Premium Car Horn (from 200 series)

OEM Clear Corner Lights 3/23

Clear Signal Lights

LED Dual DRL and Signal Lights in ARB

Pioneer Bluetooth head unit with Rear View Camera

New Speakers all around

Keyless Entry Remote Start Alarm

Wired TPMS

ALL Interior lights replaced with LED (dash, controls, domes…everything)

Kut Snake Fender Flares

New Hood Insulation

Teq and 100 series Badging

Third row removed but I have them

Black Dash Trim Kit (only used partially)

Knuckles Rebuilt 12/21

New Tie Rods 12/21

New Advics Brake Master Cylinder 10/21

Traction Boards/Axe/Shovel Mounts

Differential Plug kit 12/21

New Dimmer switch 2/22

New OEM Air Filter

All Belts replaced 5/23 245k

Throttle Body/Manifold Cleaned 5/23 245k

Dobinsons 1.75” Suspension Kit:

C59-210V
C59-221V
GS59-683
GS59-682
SD59-824 (steering damper)
RB59-522K (caster correction bushings)

Known issues

I just had her fully inspected and the report revealed the oil pan is leaking as is the PS pump. I have the parts, a new PS pump and hoses, and I was going to get it done along with the other issues but instead have decided to sell. Parts are included

P0770 Code came on a few weeks ago, it never came back but I bought a new transmission solenoid anyway, also included

Wheels need to be balanced

I have an intermittent steering wheel squeak/rubbing type sound. Inspection showed it to be the rubber in the boot and was told there was no need to address it.

Common rust in corner of rear hatch window, I had this treated when she was painted but it’s there

Cosmetic crap:

Windshield buckeyes

Common crack in dash at center of steering wheel, not a bad one but it’s there

Rear badging is misaligned

Rear bumper needs to be adjusted, low on one side

Steering Wheel has a nice stitched wrap on it, I’ve never removed it I’m assuming it doesn’t look too good under there

Pics to follow...

IMG_9838.jpg
IMG_9839.jpg
IMG_9840.jpg
IMG_9841.jpg
IMG_9842.jpg
IMG_9843.jpg
IMG_9844.jpg
IMG_9845.jpg
IMG_9846.jpg
IMG_9847.jpg

Lockers?

Looks to be in really good shape. If you’re selling locally I’d take 6k off what you’d get nationally. My guess is high teens?

Lockers?

Looks to be in really good shape. If you’re selling locally I’d take 6k off what you’d get nationally. My guess is high teens?

Thank you sincerely for the reply VS, no lockers unfortunately. Honestly I'm actually willing to sell it a little low just to avoid dealing with a thousand tire kickers who read half a slee article and think they are experts like I had to do when I sold my original one in 2018....I can only imagine how much worse that would be now.

So in order to do that I figure I would need to sell to someone that actually knows cruisers. I was thinking to put it here on Mud at a "Mud price" and if that fails then to put it for sale everywhere else at the higher mark. Also really don't want to deal with the auction route that's for sure.

So you think high teens would be the fair high mark for it?

High teens sounds like a reasonable starting point, factoring in the PITA oil pan job. Truck is in amazing shape for MI, you've obviously put a lot into it, good luck! (oh, and everyone will ask about the PHH & HG so add those to your listing)

High teens sounds like a reasonable starting point, factoring in the PITA oil pan job. Truck is in amazing shape for MI, you've obviously put a lot into it, good luck! (oh, and everyone will ask about the PHH & HG so add those to your listing)

Thanks Cheezy, yea a lot of blood, sweat and even some tears went into her not to mention a silly silly amount of cash. Honestly never thought I would be selling her but it just is what it is.

PHH has been done but the HG is a tricky one. I was told by the PO that the owner before him said it was done around 200k miles but there was no way to prove it and he was honest about that, it wasn't factored into the purchase at all he was just giving me a heads up. So now am I going to be a jackass and tell that to the next guy? I'm not even sure how to approach that....

In the world of used car buying and selling, you're setting a high bar of honesty, hope karma works out for you this time around. You should bring it to @Ocho77 's Cruise Michigan event later this month (if it hasn't sold by then)!

In the world of used car buying and selling, you're setting a high bar of honesty, hope karma works out for you this time around. You should bring it to @Ocho77 's Cruise Michigan event later this month (if it hasn't sold by then)!

I honestly just don't want to deal with all the bull**** and just rip the band aid off, let her go.

Meeting up with you guys was something I always planned on doing, even when I had my original 80 which I sold in 2018 and even after that when I had a GX. One of these days....

When are you thinking of listing?

When are you thinking of listing?

I listed it a couple days ago, it's in the classifieds. I went lower than what most people suggested hoping for a quick mud sale, if not I'll raise the price, post her everywhere and deal with the headache...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom