February 15th-18th Zwei Underlander Dos (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to hear it Paul well miss you but wish you and your dad the best.

no kidding, one look at the carpet. Eric's LCs carpet during a 4x4un looks cleaner than my undershirt out of wash.

well there's that and that he has about 5gs worth of armour hanging off the thing.

Gotta take care of the ol' girl!

Have you seen me drive, I need all the steel I can get wrapped around that truck hahaha

Well folks we got to enjoy another year of winter wheeling amongst friends, and Toyota 4x4 Family. It sounds like all of you made it home safe.

Big thank you to Tyler and Charla because I know she's involved in this one way or another for organizing the event. Tyler organizes this trip on a yearly basis, serves as trail leader in a minty 45, organizer of lodging, food, serves as support for mechanical issues, answers logistical questions, books the trail chili 10 hours before we need it, pops up the tent, serves as our leader, and does it always with a smile and enthusiasm every day.

Big Thank you to Dean (who's not an executive) for his hard work in helping organize this as well.

Steve - thanks for your all of your efforts with the club.

Thanks Bryan who hung back and made sure that the group was cohesive, that nobody stayed behind, and that I knew where I was going after I got my coffee at Mcdonalds and I was running late. Bryan also gets special mention on a personal basis for his awesome cantilever idea that helped get Dora unstuck from the mess I put her in.

Joe and Tina, thanks for showing up with the most unique vehicle in our group, and helping me getting unstuck. Joe thanks for the crowbar trick tip, my passenger door now opens and closes and was able to remove the duct tape from the handle- looking spiffier ;)

To the calgary crew: Mark, Peter, Craig - Fellas, this trip is not only an OCC trip; without you guys in it it would not be the same thing. I know the drive is long but trust me when I say that in my eyes you're half of this team. Your spirit, enthusiasm, experience and general good company are very appreciated. Thank you.

To our sponsors, thank you: I would like to organize a list of our sponsors so we can call or tag them on instagram.

I had a great time this year. Thanks for putting on this event! I personally know the 'emotional' toll it takes to keep organizing these things, and want all the organizers to know how much I appreciate their work. Special thanks to Tyler who had the very tricky task of picking trails for a large and diverse group that would be just challenging enough for everyone, showcase the area, be new and unique around every corner, fill the day, but not leave anyone stuck in the woods until after dark. That's a particularly tough job, but Tyler nailed it perfectly this year.

And I can't believe it but, Shaker didn't hardly break down at all this year! Hurray for driveshafts.

Big thank you to everyone for a great weekend. Nice to catch up with people I haven't seen in years and meet some new faces.

Turns out a piece of my hub gear broke off and ate my wheel bearing spindle and hub. I may not have won any door prizes but I did find a few useful parts in Tyler's seacan that got me back on the road so I still feel like a winner. First time I've had to be trailed to safety but this group made it seem like no trouble at all. Can't thank you guys enough for staying so level headed through all the mishaps over the weekend.

Chris was pretty stoked to see the dads out with their daughters having fun. Being a new dad to a 6 week old daughter he has been accepting the changes like a champ and he mentioned a few times how excited it made him to see other "more experienced" dads getting their kids involved with their hobbies.

After losing his keys in the elevator and being forced to go wheeling and drink beer for another day longer than planned, he may never be let out of the house again by his wife. But if he is allowed out he will be driving his own truck because the elevator service guy found his keys today and Bryan will be mailing them to Chris tomorrow.

Happy endings for everyone!

Chris was pretty stoked to see the dads out with their daughters having fun. Being a new dad to a 6 week old daughter he has been accepting the changes like a champ and he mentioned a few times how excited it made him to see other "more experienced" dads getting their kids involved with their hobbies.

:)

Overlook of the Athabasca Valley and some mining facilities.

Crossing the frozen reservoir.

Jon sliding into home plate after a no-gear luge run.

Set up for a chili lunch at the top of the House (?) River Valley climb.

I know I’ve said before but I love going up there. Something for everyone and the event is a blast. Such a good group of people again this year. Here are some unprofessional photos takes from a scratched phone lens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom