fathers day weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
any camping trips going on this weekend? got the weekend off with the whole family...thinking about a nice family friendly weekend somewhere, maybe chehalis north or somewhere up harrison west/east? looking to leave first thing saturday...

:beer:

We may head out weather depending. We camped at Skuzzy creek out by Boston Bar last weekend and we were the only ones there! It was great! We checked out some of the logging roads for wheeling but it didn't look too promising for trails. LOTS of bear scat and big ones too. I'm wondering if there is a grizzly in the area or an obese black bear. The creek was blown out with the late run off so fishing was non existent and you would have to watch your kids close with the high water. No drunken yahoos firing off rifles in the middle of the night though! I'll take the grizzly in the area over the mouth breathers and banjo pluckers with guns anytime.

I was thinking about Big Silver Creek way up Harrison east on the back way to Nahatlatch for this week end.

Last edited:
weathers looking to be good this weekend. high teens and sunshine (cloud mix saturday)

I'll take the grizzly in the area over the mouth breathers and banjo pluckers with guns anytime.

LOL!. yeah, i hear ya on the neck of redness folk. id love to check out more of harrison east or up the fraser canyon more. but its only a 1 nighter though, barely 48hrs. and i like to have 2 night at the least for anything further than hope. might just keep it local and do either chehalis, or hale.

is anywhere along the chillwack river any good? ive never been out that way, out towards chilliwack lake(?). want somewhere with calm waters for the lil ones to play in.

Foley lake is out that way. If you go past the lake on the logging road there is a steep trail that droops off to the left that looks like a quad trail but opens up. Follow the trail and depending on the run off, ford the creek to make your way up to a beach on the north side of the lake. I've fished there o few times but never camped there. I think its the chipmunk FSR but I'll double check my topo if your interested.

Dave

Foley lake is out that way. If you go past the lake on the logging road there is a steep trail that droops off to the left that looks like a quad trail but opens up. Follow the trail and depending on the run off, ford the creek to make your way up to a beach on the north side of the lake. I've fished there o few times but never camped there. I think its the chipmunk FSR but I'll double check my topo if your interested.

Dave

if you could thatd be great. dont have my BRMB on hand at the moment. is the trail trailer friendly? maybe i can see if theres any mapbooks on the shelf here @ work. would be nice to check out a new place...

if you could thatd be great. dont have my BRMB on hand at the moment. is the trail trailer friendly? maybe i can see if theres any mapbooks on the shelf here @ work. would be nice to check out a new place...

Easy trail to the lake. A river run hydro electric project is apparently planned for this small stream. I usually go in during the winter. There is a sluff the last little bit before the lake which tends to slide every winter - taking out the road. Maybe someone on BC4x4 has been up there this spring and can say if the roads in and if there is anything happening with the hydro project.

Easy trail to the lake. A river run hydro electric project is apparently planned for this small stream. I usually go in during the winter. There is a sluff the last little bit before the lake which tends to slide every winter - taking out the road. Maybe someone on BC4x4 has been up there this spring and can say if the roads in and if there is anything happening with the hydro project.

so apparently the roads been good for a while now. i read theres a beach there. should it be somewhat easy for me to find with a mapbook and no GPS? id hate to have to U-turn with the trailer in a problem area esp if its just me n the fam. also, is it good for lil people to go swimming in?

Foley Lake FSR

It is very easy to get to. Take the upper road across the Chilliwack river. It meets the Chilliwack Lake rd just past the prison. You will go across the Chilliwack river and then cross Foley Creek. As soon as you cross Foley Creek, turn to the right onto Foley Creek Rd. <To the left is the Bench Rd from which the Mnt Cheam Rd goes off of. Dead ahead is Chipmunk.> The Foley Creek Rd starts off on the north side of the creek and a little ways down crosses over to the south side. You'll come to another junction with a road heading north east immediately crossing the creek. Keep to the right and you'll soon be there. My only recommendation is to avoid burn marks. Some morons on the sleds or ATVs think it's cool to build skid fires in the middle of the road in the winter time. The wheelers usually are the lucky ones to fine the nail remnants.

Oh, and yes, there are place to turn around should you need to. I doubt you will need to. Late spring, summer and fall it is a 2WD road to the lake. There are some more interesting trails near by though - if you want some challenges.

Looks like you have good directions! It's a small beach but a good spot for a one nighter if you get there first and stake a claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom