FAQS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

semlin

curmudgeon
Threads
In light of the imminent change of boards and loss of old posts I propose a brainstorm session on FAQ common topics. Once we have a list of topics perhaps some of us can go look for quality old posts and they can be copied into the tech update section of this site.

I will start the ball rolling

birfield repack (could be a whole separate website!)
fj v 93-94 fzj v 95-97 differences
what to look for in a use 80
tranny adjustment
tires
steel wheels
lifts
bullbars
rear carriers
supercharging
belt adjustment
oil change / filter
Engine codes
radiator flushing / clogging
lockers?
fender flares
roof racks
cb installation

over to you

Lets start with 'tranny adjustment' as I still haven't got my issue worked out yet :cry:
kurt

EXCELLENT idea....excellent!

I'm more than happy to make the pages and such for the tech, but would "love" it if someone (or multiple someones) collect the information and forward it to me.

"ideal" is a .txt document, I can then easily create a webpage from it, and include any required photos.

Semlin,
I've been thinking about searching all prior posts and coming up with a list of Toyota part numbers, including non-US parts, and "part descriptions for dummies", approximate price (they change) and pictures when applicable (e.g. dash switches.)

Eduardo,
I have an 80GB drive at home. It's almost full with mostly Cruiser stuff. :G
-B-

I've been putting together a site to house 80s technical info, faqs, service docs and modification and upgrade documentation.   The goal isn't to duplicate IH8MUD or other resources, but centralize (and archive) all the info unqiue to 80s so it can be found with once quick search, regardless of where it resides.  Once its up anyone can upload faqs and technical documents to it.  It should be finsihed in the next 2 weeks, at which point it'll be ready to begin storing all this valuable knowledge, we'll only need people to provide it.

I guess if you want the valuable stuff, I'll have to sit on the bench.......... :dunno:

-B-,
Kinda figured that was the case :D

C-Dan,

Modesty is a fine virtue in a man.
Let's not forget, many a home-run has been hit from the "bench"

(how am i doing? :puke:)
just trying to set the negotiations for a SC

daydreaming again!

Got my corked bat ready ::)

I'm at the point now where I need to determine the organizational structure so I can put together the navigation system.

It'll be using a tree style menu. I was initally planning to break the technical resources into 3 main groups.

1) FAQs
3) Parts Information
3) Technical Documents
a) Servicing
- subsections based on type
b) Upgrades & Modifications
- subsections based on type

I'm open to other ideas, any suggestions would be welcomed.

I may have missed this but whatever happened to the SOR stuff that was on CD? Would it be possible to buy a copy of the disk/disks. Seems like mucho info was there also.
Bill

I also think this is a great idea and am happy to help as needed. Something a bit more detailed than 80scool, etc.

Keep, do you have a start on the content as well, or just the structure?

Cheers, Hugh

Photoman, I'll be hosting the old SOR forums in read only mode on the same site. I expect the CD to arrive any day, and I'll put it up before anything else. Hopefully by the middle of next week.

CDN, I haven't started on the content at all... just the structure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom