Fan Clutch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search here, and based on the results it appears I'm in need of a new fan clutch. On my way into work this morning traffic was unusually bad, stop with little go. I noticed my temp gauge rising, it's always been just below halfway, and here it was creeping up near the red, never reached the red. I flipped a u-turn, hopped a curb/median, and high tailed it back home. The temperature immediately went back down to below halfway, and at the lights it would creep back up. No apparent leaks, level in reservoir was fine, and the cap was holding pressure. So my question for you all, could there be any other culprits? Oh, it's a 2006 LX 470 with 190k miles, and I replaced the T's not too long ago, and the water-pump and t-belt were done around 110k. Looking for further thoughts. Thanks!

Okay...it might not be the fan clutch. I might have air in the system after changing the heater T's, thought it would have come out by now, or a circulation issue, water-pump. I cranked heat up to max, and even though the gauge was halfway, no heat. The engine temperature began to rise on the gauge, I revved the engine, temp came back down, and I got heat from vents. Repeated this a few times with same results. Let it idle for a few minutes, engine temp goes back up, and I lose heat at vents. Rev engine, engine temp drops, and heat at vents returns. Thoughts?

I'd burp the system, get all the air out. A bad fan will stay stuck to engine RPM, if anything it cools more (and makes lots of noise).

I'd burp the system, get all the air out. A bad fan will stay stuck to engine RPM, if anything it cools more (and makes lots of noise).
Thanks! I will try that. Nose up or down? I'm guessing up since air rises, and does the cap need to be off? Like I said I replaced the T's probably about a month ago, but never sat in traffic until today. My commute is fairly short, and every where else I drive I really do not deal with much idling.

While I was burping the system I noticed it was burping from an unconventional area. You guys normally burp this way, or is it just me? Whelp...looks like I found the issue.
IMG_3988.JPG

Radiator ordered from Amazon Denso 221-3152 $165.78. Be here Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom