FALL GATHERING ‘21 PICS/VIDS THREAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, it was really great to be back! Thank you Jason Peters and Mike Fox for leading our ride on Saturday. I ran my new Tacoma, it was really incredible. With the combination of ATRAC/MTS plus the occasional use of the rear locked, the truck just climbed up everything I pointed at. It was coming down stuff that was hairy as I tried to manage the long rear overhang and generally low clearance. Shockingly, not a single scratch on the paint. The skidplates certainly did their job, and the bottoms of the tube steps and front mud flaps took a little scrubbing as well.

It really made me miss offroading, but I don't know how much of it I can stomach in a $40k truck. If only the entire 4x4 market wasn't insane I'd be looking for a cheap older truck to build for the trails.

Not many pictures because I was driving, but it was a great day. Other than myself and the nearly stock 100-Series LC behind me, the other trucks were much more built. Lots of ledges, many deep muddy water pits over the tires, and what seemed at times to be endless stretches of loose, basketball-sized rocks to pick your way over. A nice challenge for a stock rig for sure.

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1409.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

Missed y’all!!! Looks like a great time, as always. Smiles put on my face and heart with pics being texted throughout the weekend. And for those that know, the blue jay sign showed up for me heavy Friday night…. There’s a vid somewhere of our mascot falling out of Franky during a flop, on top of the pile out back.
Always crazy Cruiser energy around this weekend….

View attachment 2809446
The bird, the bird

Me and my kid had a great time. Needed to show him what wheeling really entails as he was under an illusion of his Xbox game that it’s easy. Even in my little 31’s he was so nervous he swore he was almost to tears especially when I nailed my front end hard enough to flip the shackle. Ha! I call that a good lesson and a great time. @chill will helped hook him up w/ a ride w/ BO who was an awesome guy. Thanks all!
Seeing him zonked that hard both Friday and Sat made this Mama’s heart swell.

D87BCA6C-BE88-4934-85BD-EEB2641619C1.jpeg

8EB290C3-F9E7-414B-8D36-C681C57C13E6.jpeg

Can’t express my thanks enough to Dan, @dr_dobro for his amazing spotting skills.
06DC155C-C359-495A-BE92-FA6516B13970.jpeg

33C0DF13-AB35-4D02-87EC-70EA6B16773F.jpeg

Have a good chuckle at the noob girl who was so anxious she locked her hubs but then inadvertently unlocked them. In the first 10 mins of the class six trail I was stuck and Dan realized my mistake so crawled over the hood to make things right. Top notch man!

6CDD8D19-2B6E-4287-9326-FE6F065A98BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Some real beauties out there too. My first Hericium erinaceus aka lions mane and some Armillaria aka honey mushrooms.

00BA0E7F-A041-4146-A9A1-01707F6BD90C.jpeg

A212626D-A5F9-49CB-AF0F-159A5A6CE5D3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom