Falken Rubitrek?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my quest for tires, I was set to purchase a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3 in either a 285/75/16 or 275/70/18 for my LX470. Pretty much dead set on them. I was offered a Rubitrek in the 275/70/18. Does anyone have any info? I used my Googlefu and came up with nothing much. Read a tidbit on Tacoma World about it being release in small numbers to certain areas. Received a quote a little over 700 installed. I'd be over it with the wildpeak, just not sure on the Rubitrek.

Link:
RUBITREK A/T TIRE

Thank you,

Luis

Luis, if that's the type of tire you want then I'd just go with the Wildpeak or the BFG ATKO's.

The only major difference I'm seeing is the sidewall, I guess I'll have to see if they're still available this weekend and give them a try. I'll report back if I get them.

Luis

The only major difference I'm seeing is the sidewall, I guess I'll have to see if they're still available this weekend and give them a try. I'll report back if I get them.

Luis

What difference are you seeing on the sidewall ? Other than the name ?

Sidewall scalloping is definitely different between the at3w and the rubitrek and the at3w has a "silica enriched polymer" present that the rubitrek does not.
Looking at the center tread pattern they are different there too, while the siping is the same the tread blocks on the AT3w are spaced further apart and have a slightly larger block pattern where as the rubitrek has a close nit, almost verging on a more road/all-season tire than an All terrain.

AT3W
400x450xAT3W_tread.png.pagespeed.ic.RCyr3kYlj1.jpg

Rubitrek
400x450xrubitrek_tread.png.pagespeed.ic.knWGGPZtfo.jpg

See that almost straight center line of the Rubitrek... That will grab the lines in the highway more than the AT3W and tend to pull the vehicle.

I had read that the center block would help out with road noise. I personally have no idea. I'm not a tire expert. Currently slammed with work so I haven't had a chance to shoot down and get them installed. But will report back and hopefully link up with a MUD member to compare and contrast locally in Ventura County.

Discount Tire/American Tire often has their own "house blend" of certain popular tires that is only available through their stores.

The Rubitrek is that tire and they offer it alongside the more expensive but more feature rich AT3W.

They do the same thing with the Cooper MTP as their cheaper (2ply sidewall) version of the STT Pro.

bump, anyone else running the Rubitrek's? Have Wildpeak AT3 on my 4Runner and Frontier and they are amazing. Interested in the Rubitrek for the LX.

Discount Tire/American Tire often has their own "house blend" of certain popular tires that is only available through their stores.

The Rubitrek is that tire and they offer it alongside the more expensive but more feature rich AT3W.

They do the same thing with the Cooper MTP as their cheaper (2ply sidewall) version of the STT Pro.
very interesting! the Rubitrek is now (?) offered directly by Falken, alongside the Wildpeak AT3. I am still leaning more towards the Wildpeak AT3 because of that polymer blend material they market (which is absent with the Rubitrek) but am hungry for some more information about differences, and experiences, with both tires.

After approximately 15k miles of 50/50 highway and city driving fairly aggressively I'd estimate they are still at 12/32. My tire tread depth measuring tool on my pressure gauge only goes up to 10/32 and it's not touching the rubber. Can't compare too accurately to the wildpeaks I had since both vehicle those were on have been sold. Wear was good on those as well, but don't have any numbers to share. My LX with a few mods weighs around 7k lbs.

AT3W survived Tahoe winter, mud and huge roots on forest trails, dry and wet desert terrain, and highway miles. Very nice all around tire with good looks. My .02.,
falken.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom